Endpoint Engineering Advisor
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: September 16, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes
an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
The Endpoint Engineering Advisor position leads IT functions
such as design, analysis, evaluation, troubleshooting, testing,
cost analysis and implementation of physical desktop services and
DaaS solutions. In addition, will provide technical guidance
within the team and, when called upon, serve as a technical liaison
between internal departments.
This will involve utilizing best practices for the management,
architecture, configuration, continuous delivery, administration,
and automations using cloud technologies. The Desktop
Principal is required to master multiple technical disciplines
including Network, Operating System (Windows Desktop OS, Mac and
Server OS), Active Directory, remote access solutions and must
fully understand how each function to deliver sound solutions.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will apply your
extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques, and
theories to the design and development of information technology
(IT) infrastructure environments, including coding, testing, and
certifying technology platforms, software, and applications. You'll
provide technical direction to the team and solutions to technical
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Endpoint Engineering Advisor role will offer you the
flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside
people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Apply your extensive knowledge of principles and advanced
techniques to develop solutions for application design and IT
- Understand the end-to-end performance of IT platforms.
- Establish and maintain policies, guidelines, and standard
- Monitor performance and capacity metrics for technology
solutions while identifying and developing plans to address long
term trends or issues.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of experience with the following:
- Architecting sound solutions based on gathered
- Performance analysis, proactive troubleshooting and capacity
- Projecting consumption trends, providing recommendations
and/or invoking action to reduce/optimize spend.
- Making recommendations to the team about tools to be used for
cloud environments and implementing tools that have been
- Developing and maintaining deployable, tested, and documented
automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of relevant operating
procedures and processes.
- Designing, developing, and building desktop cloud
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- Hands-on experience scripting/development skills in Python,
Ruby, C#, PowerShell and Kusto Query Language (KQL)
- Hands-on knowledge of MS Azure highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Windows10
- Understanding and knowledge of VMware products Horizon View,
App Volumes, User Environment Manager, Workspace ONE, ThinApp, and
vRealize solutions highly preferred
- Should have an understanding of Networking and Security with
preference for McAfee, Carbon Black, DLP
- Experience with SCCM, Intune, Jamf, or other leading device and
deployment management experience
- Knowledge of Storage solutions
- Knowledge of PowerBI and Power Automate
- Understanding of AWS
- Will be expected to follow policies and procedures
- Exhibit a positive “can do" attitude
- Accept responsibility for and execute efficiently to meet
- Recognize when a high sense of urgency is required
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills are
- Operational Excellence skills including improving and
- Product Development skills including designing products,
developing product roadmaps, translating design requirements,
- Ability to frame ideas as systems and analyzing the inputs,
outputs, and process
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to
ensure successful project completion
- Skilled in documentation and reporting for the purposes of
analysis, data discovery, and decision-making.
- Relationship Management skills including managing and engaging
stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship
networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts
and answer critical questions.
- Experience monitoring and managing operation systems (OS), and
staying current on patches, upgrades, and other elements of the
- Experience communicating complex technical issues clearly to
- Influencing skills including negotiating, persuading others,
facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Risk Assessment and Management skills including evaluating and
designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying
control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Determining causes of operating system errors and taking
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing
- Experience working with people with different functional
expertise respectfully and cooperatively toward a common goal
- Written and verbal communication skills including copywriting,
planning and distributing communication, etc.
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and
identifying resources to meet long-term defined objectives
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining consistency of a
product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its
requirements, design, and operational information
- Ability to transform business processes using BPA, RPA, or
other technology-enabled automation
- Familiarity with the Microsoft office toolset (Teams, Excel,
- Experience using JIRA
- Skilled in Azure
- Skilled in using UNIX
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Washington DC , Endpoint Engineering Advisor, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!