Electrician - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
We are seeking qualified electricians to support our embassies
in Moscow and Beijing. The duties and responsibilities listed below
are not necessarily exclusive.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Repairs and maintains standby electrical power generation
equipment, automatic power transfer switches, operational control
and alarm system; service and distribution systems including main
and distribution switchboards, panel-board fuses and transformers;
motor connections and controls including starters and motor control
centers; lighting including incandescent, fluorescent, recessed,
surface, weatherproof, vapor-tight and underwater; dimmers; and
signal and fire alarm systems including pull stations, ionization
smoke detectors, sprinkler flow switches, supervisory valve and
- Performs maintenance and repair of Embassy distribution systems
and standby electrical systems, motor connections and controls and
electrical service and distribution under technical guidance of the
American Electrical Shop Foreman.
- Performs PM in accordance with schedules, operating procedures
and equipment warranty,
- Performs repair of components such as rectifiers, inverters,
associated generating and distribution equipment.
- Conducts tests of equipment using voltmeters, ammeters,
ohmmeters, continuity testers, feeler gauges, frequency counters
and other test equipment.
- Adjusts components to ensure optimum operating efficiency.
- Analyzes malfunctions in electrical standby power systems,
distribution systems, motor connections and controls by visual and
auditory inspection and makes necessary adjustments and
- Maintains records of all work accomplished and parts used.
- Complies with all related published directives, work standards
and technical publications.
- Performs a wide variety of routine electrical maintenance and
repair functions of a general nature as required.
- Performs installation and renovation of NEC apartment and
EOB/NEC/NOB office electrical systems.
- Installs and connects of light fixtures, switches, wall outlets
junction boxes, circuit breakers, etc.
- Tests circuits for proper connection and continuity.
- Measures, bends, assembles and installs conduit to connect
outlets, panels, boxes, etc.
- Installs, maintains and repairs electrical equipment and
appliances such as heating systems, motors, fans, lighting fixtures
and connections of electrical machines, office equipment,
distribution panels, elevators (power supply only), etc.
- Maintains and repairs transformers, electric power production
equipment, rotating and uninterrupted power systems.
- Repairs generators, centrifuges, starter motors, rectifiers,
inverters and associated generating and distributing
- Tests equipment using voltmeters, ammeters, ohmmeters,
continuity testers, feeler gauges, frequency counters, and other
- May serve as back-up for Elevator Technician.
- Licensed journeyman electrician with minimum five years’
experience as a journeyman in maintenance of electrical equipment
to include, switchgear, distribution system, and general building
electrical maintenance and repair.
- The experience must have included working from sketches,
drawings, blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturers' operations
and maintenance manuals.
- Training and experience with maintaining and operating medium
voltage distribution and equipment is highly desirable.
- Must have good English communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age, completed secondary school or obtained
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a top secret
clearance are required.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Washington DC , Electrician - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!