Posted on: September 16, 2021
***Hours are 2pm to 10pm, Monday - Friday***
- Prepares, analyzes, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies
equipment and/or sample processes.
- Performs a variety of analytical and technical support on
products such as equipment, sub/systems, and unknown substances,
for on & off-site locations.
- Prepares samples, analyzes and evaluates samples, methods and
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem
in minimum time and update and change process that any not needed
or out of date.
- Create and implement processes to analyze known and unknown
substances from undisclosed locations.
- Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
- May provide support and onsite or off-site training of customer
Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and must be able
to work effectively in a team environment. They must be able to
follow written and oral instructions regarding operational
procedures in an emergency operations response environment and
carry out tasks with minimal supervision and oversight. Demonstrate
the ability to perform all duties in a tactful and professional
manner during high stress emergency situations; clear communication
and technical writing skills, proficient in Microsoft Windows
Operating Systems, Microsoft applications suite and web-based
application environments. Candidate must be able to combine
communication and problem solving skills when dealing with
representatives from various organizations and information sources
during emergent and non-emergent conditions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have active Top Secret security clearance with the ability
to obtain a Top Secret.
- Emergency services OR environmental sampling experience,
training and/or education.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of the normal
6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. hours when the work load dictates doing
- Ability to obtain and maintain qualification to wear a full
face air purifying respirator and class III/Level “C” protective
- Ability to lift 40lbs routinely
- BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Past military experience with a background in Chemical,
Biological and Radiological monitoring or civilian emergency
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products and
ability to learn new software and systems.
- HAZWOPER training and/or certification.
- Related Associates degree and/or demonstrated ability to
analyze and evaluate products, processes and related
- Ability to communicate and interact with technical staff at all
levels in a team-based environment.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
effectively verbally and in writing.
- Recording and sometimes interpreting results to present to
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , CBRN Technician, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!