Unified Communication Tier II Technician (Shift Work Required) - TS/SCI REQUIRED
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently
Clearance Level Must Be Able to
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
No Suitability Required
- NOC is 24x7 shift work; to include weekends and holiday for all
- Day Shift: 6am 2:30pm
- Swing Shift: 2pm 10:30pm
- Mid Shift: 10:30pm 6am
Desired Skill Level Requirements:
- Technical knowledge of VoIP, software, hardware, and
Telecommunications standards, Unified Communications Manager, Unity
Connection, and Unified Presence.
- Technical knowledge of VTC equipment such as Cisco Telepresence
Management Suite, Tandberg and Cisco CODECs and MCUs.
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and
- Possess understanding of TCP/IP, H323, E164 and SIP
- Ability to troubleshoot common UC issues to include identifying
and correcting issues with endpoints, bandwidth saturation,
profiles and misconfigurations.
- Assist in the development of the training, local guides, Rules
of Engagement (ROE) policies and Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP) as they pertain to the UC environment.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related
issues according to standard operating procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of network topology; along with
networked hardware and software tools listed above.
- Participate in additional Tier II/III projects or upgrades as
- Provide system/equipment/specialized training and technical
guidance to lower skill level employees.
- Provide After Action Reports (AARs) for Problem Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to work independently within a Team Concept
- Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or
the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications
or training; or 2+ years of directly related work experience.
CCNA Collaboration (Highly Desired)
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and the ability to obtain required
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA DC Washington
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington DC , Unified Communication Tier II Technician (Shift Work Required) - TS/SCI REQUIRED, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!