Red Team/Penetration Tester Engineer
Posted on: September 15, 2021
The Vulnerability Active Detection & Exploitation Research
(VADER) group at Leidos currently has an opening for an experience
penetration tester to join our internal red team.
- Must be able to handle the most dynamic and challenging
scenarios encountered by the program and assist other analysts by
providing direction and guidance when necessary.
- Responsible to identify and exploit security vulnerabilities in
a wide array of systems in a variety of situations.
- Responsible for setting up scheduled and ad-hoc red team
scenarios to highlight gaps impacting the organization’s security
- Work both independently, as well as lead a team of technical
testers on penetration testing and red team engagements.
- Perform in-depth analysis of red team engagements results and
provide a detail report that describes findings, exploitation
procedures, risks and recommendations.
- Execute penetration testing projects using the established
methodology, tools and rules of engagements.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 12+ years of experience in
cybersecurity. Additional years of relevant experience may be
considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years minimum of work experience directly related to Red Team
assessments, penetration testing (intranet, internet, web,
wireless, social engineering).
- One of the following certifications: OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT,
OSCE, OSEE, GXPN.
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell,
Java, Perl, etc).
- Experience acting as a Subject Matter Expert or team lead
providing guidance to others.
- Experience understanding of network protocols, data on the
wire, and covert channels
- Experience with reviewing cyber security vulnerabilities for
risk and relevance.
- Experience in planning mitigations for systems
- US citizenship is required and able to obtain federal security
- Strong communication skills; able to successfully communicate
with management personnel, technical personnel and third
- Previous Red Team leadership and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of testing API, AWS, Azure, and other Cloud-based
- Experience in the initial development of a Red Team
- System or network administration experience
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Pay Range $110,500.00 - $170,000.00 - $229,500.00
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Red Team/Penetration Tester Engineer, Other , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!