HVAC Controls Technician / Building Automation
Company: Johnson Controls
Posted on: September 15, 2021
you will do
Conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and
commissioning and general servicing of systems (including detailed
troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of
customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface.
With a high level of complete technical competence, mentors control
technicians, service technician and mechanical technicians on
building automation activities. Properly completes required project
and service documentation.
Location: Will primarily support the Pentagon
(military experience not required)
Benefits: Eligible for benefits on first day of
Vacation: Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar
How you will do it
1. Diagnoses and repairs control systems malfunctions requiring
extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls
systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple
languages of systems software.
2. Consults with the customer through data gathered and site
assessments. Provides field proposals for retrofits, upgrades and
or enhancements to existing equipment. Assists sales by providing
technical recommendations for sales leads.
3. Manages assigned work to meet professional and efficient
execution of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or
changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager,
service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on
projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and
4. Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for
engineering corrections and drawings. May assist with job layouts
and bid proposals.
5. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the
work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets
regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems.
Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided,
outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades,
and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
6. Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards.
Provides safety leadership and instruction to all controls
technicians in the branch. Provides safety awareness while working
on site with Johnson Controls subcontractors .
7. Trains the customer in control systems operations. Delivers
manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as
8. Provides mentorship for certification of Controls Technicians
and Service Technicians on complex building automation systems.
Coaches, supports and trains mechanical workforce on non-complex,
9. Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion,
customer training form, training certificates and punch lists.
10. Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice)
to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product
lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
11. Other duties related to the commissioning and servicing of
building controls and facilities management systems and energy
management systems as assigned.
What we look for
1. Five (5) or more years of experience in servicing HVAC Building
Automation and Control systems (Direct Digital Control systems)
2. Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job
3. Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to
customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional
4. Possesses the ability to explain technical information to
technical and non-technical people.
5. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security
clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal
history, employment, and credit check.)
1. Strong knowledge and experience working with Metasys system
2. Demonstrated experience with programming of Building Automation
Systems (DDC systems)
3. Experience with integration of systems.
Who we are
As a trusted partner to the federal government for more than 100
years, Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) manufactures
products, provides solutions, and installs and maintains building
technologies at more than 750 federal sites and military
installations worldwide. With the largest portfolio of building
technologies and solutions in the world, the Johnson Controls team
is passionate about designing, constructing, and maintaining
energy, water, and utility savings projects at various federal and
military sites around the world.
If you’d like to learn more about who we are, what we do, and the
systems and products we work with please check out our “take a
journey” video on Youtube to learn more. (Around 7 minutes
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Washington DC , HVAC Controls Technician / Building Automation, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!