Enterprise Sales Engineer II, Federal Government - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you a technical sales expert skilled at evaluating client
networking requirements within the Federal government
- Can you commit to a consultative position supporting a sales
channel team by developing network solutions for prospective
civilian and Department of Defense (DOD) public sector
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com
You are passionate about Spectrum Enterprise products and sharing
our value proposition we provide to Federal clients and strategic
partners. As a tech-savvy Sales Engineer for Federal Government
sales, you exceed client expectations by exercising your expertise
to simplify their complex business needs. You have strong
persuasive writing abilities that showcase the innovation of our
products and services. Through your expertise and understanding of
each client's current and future needs, you outline cost-effective
combinations of fiber services, including Ethernet, Managed Network
Solutions (MNS), wide area network (WAN), Fiber Internet Access
(FIA), voice over internet protocol (VoIP), primary rate interface
(PRI) and video services.
You accelerate the sales cycle by educating clients through
technical presentations and written proposals. You proactively
assess and create solutions for new enterprise accounts and support
all efforts to convert them into long-term clients. You possess a
keen ability to overcome technical obstacles and ensure a smooth
installation and integration process for clients. You excel at
interacting with public sector accounts across the U.S. to support
the capture of new business. You report directly to the Manager of
Sales Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be an impactful member of the Federal Government sales team by
supporting the achievement of monthly sales and revenue goals
through pre-sales and post-sales technical consulting.
- Identify and highlight current client improvement areas by
performing a needs analysis and determining short and long-term
- Drive the sales process by designing Voice and data network
solutions for clients, including the preparation of network
topologies and technical specifications.
- Ensure successful sales by preparing and presenting technical
proposals on products that meet the requirements and specifications
defined in the client's request.
- Enhance the sales cycle by creating complete and accurate
technical responses to requests for information (RFI), requests for
proposals (RFPs) or requests for quotes (RFQs) or Task Orders
- Foster positive client relations through collaboration with
internal teams to install and integrate products ensuring
compliance with policies and procedures.
- Support project management teams to ensure contractual
obligations are met and resolve any questions or issues during
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for the sales of
standard and non-standard solutions to provide proof of concept
designs to internal support teams and strategic partners.
- Continuously improve product offerings by researching industry
knowledge and emerging technology trends.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of experience in telecommunications or
related industry in sales engineering and networking.
- History of understanding and interpreting technical
specifications and design requirements in complex networking and
routing design documents.
- Detailed knowledge of transmission control protocol/ internet
protocol (TCP/IP), internet protocol virtual private network (IP
VPN), multi-protocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), Ethernet, VoIP and dense wave division multiplexing
- Understanding of networking fundamentals related to routers,
switches, digital signal 3 (DS3), operator carrier exchange (OC-x),
channel service unit (CSU), data service unit (DSU) and other
client-premise equipment (CPE).
- Consultative sales approach with knowledge of converged
- Experience with routing protocols, such as border gateway
protocol (BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS),
open shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol
- Skilled team communicator with a proven knowledge of the sales
- Inspiring presentation and proposal design skills.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
change with shifting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out from the crowd:
- Three or more years of direct telecommunications industry
- Comfortable collaborating with sales executives and business
partners throughout the sales cycle.
- Experience in Federal government procurement practices and
contracting vehicles, such as General Services Administration (GSA)
schedules, Networx and Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS)
- Solid sales proposal design experience.
- Positive attitude and confidence when presenting technical
information to high-level clients.
- Familiar with Spectrum Enterprise product suite.
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience (preferred).
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional
(CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Metro
Ethernet Forum Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP)
Keywords: Spectrum, Washington DC , Enterprise Sales Engineer II, Federal Government - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , McLean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!