Assistant General Manager
Posted on: July 22, 2021
Overview: The Assistant General Manager (AGM) reports to the
General Manager and is responsible for oversight of operations.
This position supervises day-to-day operations, performs
professional and administrative work in planning, directing,
controlling and evaluating the offices, operations, and programs of
the transit system. The AGM is responsible for daily and monthly
reports and administering and documenting discipline in keeping
with the Discipline Code. In addition, the AGM prepares proposals
for labor negotiations and attends client meetings as required.
Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- Provides guidance and supervision to the WMATA fixed route
operating location. Assists with the establishing business unit
goals and financial performance criteria for operating
- Effectively communicates with employees concerning location and
company goals, objectives and policies. Coordinates frequently with
staff to maintain continuity in policies and procedures.
- Assists with daily operations and other issues.
- Oversees compliance with labor contracts and ensures cost
beneficial resolutions regarding labor/employee grievances.
Maintains Equal Employment Opportunity compliance and
- Ensures all safety-related company policies and procedures are
adhered to within assigned area.
- Maintains contacts with key customers to ensure overall
enhancement of service levels, addressing and resolving service
issues, while maintaining or improving service.
- Assists with establishing performance and other goals. Assists
with planning and coordinating strategic manpower issues.
- Identifies areas for training improvement within the division
and reports findings to the GM.
- Manages relationships with employees, externally with
customers, suppliers, and contractors, industry associations, the
community, politicians, regulatory agencies, and the media.
- At the direction of the General Manager, assists with
compliance of all safety training/standards and requirements to
include drug and alcohol training/testing.
- In conjunction with the General Managers and the Regional Vice
President, develops annual capital and operating budgets and plans,
provides ongoing monitoring of results and achievements of targets.
Responsible for attainment of business and financial objectives and
- Assists in the development and oversight of bid workups and
analysis and participates in the bid process.
- Prepares necessary reports and ensures senior management and
support staffs are informed on business issues and pertinent
- Assists with the set up of operations departments for contract
start-ups within assigned region or as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by management to ensure the smooth
operation of the region.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge in Business
Administration, Logistics, or Transportation.
- 3+ years operations management or transportation/safety
- 3+ years' experience working with fixed route operation.
- Proven experience developing various reports.
- Labor relations experience, inclusive of contract negotiations
- Proven experience dealing with state and local government.
- Business development experience.
- Cost control and financial/budget experience handling multiple
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws (FTA, FMCSR,
Title VII, OSHA, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple projects
simultaneously while exceeding established goals and
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and possess
good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess effective time management
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software packages.
- Trapeze and VDS experience helpful.
- Over 50% travel predominately within assigned location.The
physical demands described here are representatives of those that
must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential
- 50% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or
- 50% of work is accomplished outside of the facility.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling of materials.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes and
- Must be able to work outside in various weather
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check
Keywords: Transdevna, Washington DC , Assistant General Manager, Other , Lorton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!