Technical Architect l DHMSM
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Leidos is seeking a Technical Architect III to join the
engineering team and support the Department of Defense Healthcare
Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna,
VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed
to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the
United States and around the globe. The Leidos Partnership
for Defense Health (LPDH) is seeking a candidate to support a
number of tasks to define, implement, deploy and sustain new
capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system.
- Provide leadership to design, development, integration and
sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated
interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Provide leadership to technical activities to stabilize system
operation and ensure suitable system performance may also be
- Analyze and study complex system requirements. Manage system
implementation and support using formal specifications, data flow
diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Estimate implementation costs and schedule.
- Review existing programs and assist in making refinements,
reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Supervise software configuration management.
- Review status of system applications and prepare
recommendations for systems improvements.
- Develop plans and requirements in the subject matter area for
moderately complex to complex systems related to information
systems architecture, networking; telecommunications, automation,
communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis,
software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies,
and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and
their interrelationships. Identify resources required for each
- Utilize requisite knowledge and expertise so recognized in the
professional community that the government is able to qualify the
individual as an expert in the field for an actual task order.
- Communicate and work collaboratively with internal and client
team members across the program, and as needed, presenting task
status or alternative designs, solutions, and or processes to
- Commensurate experience in IT and in new and related older
technology that directly relates to the required area of
- BS Degree required and 12-15 years’ experience or Master’s with
10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with ability to obtain ADP2/IT2 Public Trust.
Federal Government requirement.
- Supervisory or lead experience in the design, development,
integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and
associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR) System.
- Technical knowledge with hands-on experience in public, hybrid
and government cloud environments, as well as a deep understanding
of multiple software development methodologies.
- Experience estimating implementation costs and schedules, as
well as performing functional allocation to identify required tasks
and resources for each task.
- Experience with the documentation of data flows and creation of
- Understanding of project compliance with corporate/program
- Requirements interpretation and decomposition
- Demonstrated leadership skills with hands on leadership
experience across various life-cycle phases (cross-functional
experience highly desirable)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an
ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms, as
well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effective
communicate and persuade at all management levels in a
- FHIR and FHIR API experience is a big plus
- Cybersecurity implementations, Identity and Access
- Cloud Architecture experience
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Technical Architect l DHMSM, Other , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!