Design-Build Project Manager
Company: SHIRLEY CONTRACTING COMPANY
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Whether you are an experienced professional or just starting
your career, Shirley provides opportunities to develop skills,
contribute to interesting and high-profile projects, and advance
your career. We are always looking for driven and dedicated
individuals who are eager to grow with us.
We got the job, you can too!!
Shirley is a leading provider of comprehensive transportation and
heavy civil construction services in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Our
core values guide the way we do business. Our steadfast commitment
to safety and innovation, and our pride and belief in our people
are fundamental to our continued success. Our employees are our
greatest asset. We strive to create a rewarding work environment,
promote a culture of teamwork, and provide opportunities for
Shirley Contracting Company, LLC is looking for a
Design-Build Project Manager to work on various transportation
projects in the DC/MD/VA area.
- 5+ Years of construction management experience, preferably on
civil, highway, or infrastructure projects.
- In-depth understanding of the design-build method of project
delivery including the disciplines of design, right-of-way, utility
coordination, public involvement and construction.
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, organizational and
- Proficient in scheduling software – P6
- Proficient in computer and corresponding programs – Word,
- A team player with leadership abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- PE License (preferred)
- Must pass pre-employment physical/drug screening.
- Manage and lead the design-build project team through all
phases of project pursuit and delivery including technical writing,
work planning, pre-award, post-award, and post-design
- Collaborate with owner, design team, and construction staff to
develop staged design deliverables incorporating value engineering
concepts and constructability reviews.
- Manage the design comment response process and address project
- Create preliminary and baseline schedules in appropriate
- Work with in-house staff and consultants to manage and schedule
utility relocations, right-of-way acquisitions, and public outreach
- Conduct progress meetings with owners, designers, and the
project delivery team.
- Oversee the buyout process and negotiate contracts with vendors
- Ensure the company’s health and safety culture, policies and
requirements are met.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with
clients, designers, subcontractors, and co-workers.
Keywords: SHIRLEY CONTRACTING COMPANY, Washington DC , Design-Build Project Manager, Other , Lorton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!