CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer (Government)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure,
IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional
services to the Intelligence Community. We are dedicated to
recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing
workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our
shared values and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Defense Team supports our Nation's warfighters, providing,
operating and assuring critical voice, video and collaboration
services for the full spectrum of military operations.
AT&T has an opening for CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer
to support the NRO's Intranet and Internet network and other data
communications systems or a segment of a network system, in
providing network hardware and software installation and
integration; Coordination with network control centers; providing
support to projects that involve networks; Evaluating new network
technologies and making recommendations to project managers
regarding the integration of these technologies into the
operational network baseline.
Description of Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Work on an integration team in support of a large IC partner
network engineering group.
- Provide support in matters related to COMSEC equipment to
include loading/configuring KG-340s, KG-175D/F/G/Xs and
- Provide support in matters related to Cisco and Juniper
equipment and associated management systems.
- Upgrade router and switch firmware and software in accordance
with customer baseline and security standards.
- Create and maintain procedures for updating network device
firmware and configurations.
- Follow established procedures for applying device
configurations to maintain a network standard.
- Conduct detailed site surveys in support of network equipment
installations and migrations.
- Maintain eligibility to deploy to world-wide sites for network
- Review configurations provided by Tier III engineers to verify
functionality. Provide feedback to engineers.
- Coordinate consumables/bench stock procurement with team
members, regional maintenance detachments and the procurement
- Travel Required 20% to 30%.
Required Clearance: TSSCI with polygraph. (#polygraph)
Required Qualifications: Candidate must have 16 years of
experience that can be a combination of work history and education.
This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters
and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS
and 10 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
- Coordinate logistics and in briefing/out briefings with local
site management and security personnel.
- Document all physical connections utilizing established
standard cable plan designs.
- Coordinate equipment installations and work closely with
regional maintenance detachments.
- Assist Tier II and Tier III engineers during scheduled and
unscheduled maintenance activities.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the network
systems and devices in support of the Integration team as well as
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure (network connectivity,
switches, routers) is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent
client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation,
develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ready to join our team? Apply today!
Job ID 2121973 Date posted 05/16/2021
Keywords: AT&T, Washington DC , CAN/LAN Transition Support Engineer (Government), Other , Oakton, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!