Senior Systems Engineer II
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID 180173BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/03/2021 City Dulles
State VA Country United States
Raytheon Cyber and Special Missions is seeking a Sr. Systems
Engineer II specializing in RF communications and system
integration. This position is based in the Sterling, Virginia area
with routine local travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan
Area and occasional short duration overseas travel.
This position is a member of a small engineering team within an
integration and test laboratory, which works closely with
multi-disciplined team members and customers to provide support to
operations, maintenance, and deployment of RF Communication
systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
performing integration and test of communications equipment;
performing technical analysis and providing recommendation on
technologies and industry trending; responding directly to customer
directed requirements; providing procurement and logistical
support; generating technical documentation including system
architectures, and providing training to mission partners on the
theory and operation of RF communication systems and
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience with a focus in RF
- Strong working knowledge of the radio frequency spectrum and
modern communication infrastructures to include signal structures,
propagation, modulation types, data rates,
multiplexing/demultiplexing methods, as well as associated
equipment to include transmitters, receivers and processing
- Must possess demonstrable experience in one or more of the
following: RF theory, wireless/SIGINT technologies.
- Experience in analyzing and operating RF communication systems
- Experience in planning and executing OCONUS technical
operations, and coordinating operational activities with
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas in support of the
program for durations of less than two weeks, once or twice per
year, typically. This includes the willingness and ability to pass
medical screening requirements per the customer.
- Ability and willingness for occasional travel to various
locations in the Washington Metropolitan Area in support of the
program (DC/MD/Northern VA).
- Sometimes responsible for providing guidance, coaching and
training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects at this level, requiring responsibility for
the delegation of work and the review of others' work product
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; able to
articulate intent, frame requirements, set priorities, develop
practical methods and align resources to meet customer and personal
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish
professional rapport with customers and partners in the small team
environment, can quickly adapt to change, and thrive in an
atmosphere that requires trust, teamwork, initiative, creativity,
and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to sustain demanding operational tasks in challenging
environments over extended periods of time.
- Experience and ability to draft, comprehend, and review
dispatches utilizing any formal mode or channel of customer
- Experience in the configuration, operations, and test of
- Experience in assessing, training, and/or mentoring personnel
in the operation of RF communication systems.
- Experience traveling and/or living overseas in more than one
region of the world in support of operational missions.
- Experience working with personnel of various cultures, where
English is a second language.
- Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
(STEM) and minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, Washington DC , Senior Systems Engineer II, Other , Dulles, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!