OBXtek is seeking a Helpdesk/Deskside Support Technician/ Jr.
Systems Administrator at the Department of Treasury
This position is fulltime onsite at the Treasury Department
headquarters building in Washington, DC.
Monitors and responds to technical control facility hardware and
- Develops and maintains configurations for workstations,
peripherals and cabling
- Supports hardware, software and/or network problem
identification and resolution
- Configures, tests and evaluates hardware and software products
to enhance information security
- Provides help desk receiving and response to requests for
- Provides hardware maintenance support such as board
replacement, comm and peripheral devices, cable switching,
- Optimizes system operation, resource utilization and LAN
Must be a US Citizen
Must have a current security clearance at TS/SCI Level.
Immediate family members must also be US Citizens (immediate
family is defined as Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Spouse,
Children, or co-habitant).
Must be at least IAT Level 1 certified: CompTIA, A+, Net+, or
- 4 years' experience or 2 years experience with Associates
- Hands-on LAN and System Administration experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
- Windows Desktop Administration skills
- Windows Server Administration skills
- Specialized experience in:
- helpdesk phone contact
- deskside and LAN support
- Windows administration
- server administration
- hardware maintenance
- system and network optimization and capacity planning
- Knowledgeable in data scopes, patch panels, modems,
concentrators, and associated network management terminals and
- Experience with a SQL based database (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL) a
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing Centers (VTC) and/or
Audio Video (AV) equipment a Plus
- Experienced with basic scripting (any language)
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia and founded in 2009, OBXtek is
a fast-growing leader in the government contracting field. Our
mission is Our PeopleOur Reputation. Our people are trained
professionals who enhance our customers' knowledge and innovation
using technology, collaboration, and education.
We offer a robust suite of benefits including comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, Flexible Spending Accounts,
matching 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement plans and much
As a prime contractor for 93% of our current work, OBXtek pairs
lessons learned across disciplines with industry standard quality
practices such as CMMI-Dev Level III, ITIL, 6Sigma, PMI, and ISO.
Our rapid growth has been recognized by INC500, the Washington
Business Journal, and Washington Technology magazine.
OBXtek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state
or local law.