Data Engineer - Senior
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA DC Bolling AFB
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ84701
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
- Support the identification, prioritization, and scheduling of
data modeling and processing requirements with users.
- Report the status of all data extraction, transformation, and
- Re-construct data provided in XML, delimited text, email (e.g.
eml, mbox, pst), and a variety of database systems (SQL, Server,
Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Apply semantic data modeling techniques to classify, aggregate,
and generalize data stored in hierarchical, network, or relational
database management systems to define the meaning of data within
the context of its interrelationships with other data.
- Validate semantic data models with users.
- Transform semantic data models into physical database
- Design physical database management systems to represent
semantic data models, including relational and object-relational
Databases (e.g. Postgress, SQL, Server, MySQL), Key value stores,
Inverted Indexes (Lucene, Elastic Search), and distributed file
systems (e.g. Tachyon, HDFS).
- Write software code and scripts, and use COTS, GOTS, and open
source softward to extract objects (e.g. entities, events,
documents, and relationships) from structured and unstructured data
and multimedia (e.g. exif).
- Create and maintain a repository of software code and scripts
(e.g. Java and Python), for rapidly extracting, transforming, and
loading a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Integrate software code and scripts for the automation of
repeatable extract, transform, and load.
- Provides technical support for data services and data
management in a multi-cloud and multi-domain environment.
- Lead the design of physical data base management systems to
represent semantic data models, including relational and
object-relational Databases (Postgress, SQL Server, MySQL), Key
value stores, Inverted Indexes (Lucene, Elastic Search), and
distributed file systems (e.g. Tachyon, HDFS).
- Lead the design and execution of semantic data modeling
techniques to classify, aggregate, and generalize data stored in
hierarchical, network, or relational database management systems to
extract context through interrelationships with other data.
- Direct the execution of data science methods using parallel
computing frameworks (e.g. deeplearning4j, Torch, Tensor Flow,
Caffe, Neon, NVIDIA CUDA Deep Neural Network library (cuDNN), and
OpenCV)) and distributed data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop
(including HDFS, Hbase, Hive, Impala, Giraph, Sqoop), Spark
(including MLib, GraphX, SQL and Dataframes).
- Support multiple simultaneous projects and take open-ended or
high-level guidance, independently and collaboratively make
discoveries that are mission-relevant, and package and deliver the
findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Help develop the requisite team of data engineers for
delivering database performance.
- Collaborate with other team members to engineer database
performance as part of the total data enterprise.
- Lead special emphasis on defining the required multi-model or
polyglot data storage technologies in order to achieve mission
- Collaborate with other tech teams to implement advanced
analytics algorithms that exploit our rich datasets for statistical
analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
- Manage technical staff and technical resources to priority
- Contribute to professional development and work culture for
high performing teams.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA DC Bolling AFB
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Washington DC , Data Engineer - Senior, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!