Broadcast Maintenance Supervisor
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA DC Washington
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ77791
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is looking for a highly cleared Broadcast Systems
Maintainer to join our team working in fast-paced live event
production environment providing direct audiovisual support to our
federal government client.
Daily activities may include, but are not limited to:
Maintenance of an 100 channel cable television system, 240 channel
satellite broadcast system, HD direct satellite system and all
audio distribution through the multi-facility complex; Maintenance
in the broadcast distribution facility and the design, installation
and maintenance of fiber optic infrastructure for current and
future needs; Maintenance of the live event productions audiovisual
systems used on the agency complex in direct support of official
events. This branch is considered the audiovisual expert in
broadcast communications, providing upgrades to existing systems
and installed equipment throughout the complex. The broadcast
maintenance team will maintain readiness of these areas and perform
quarterly preventative maintenance on these conference rooms.
Ideal candidates will possesses technical or craft experience in
electronics, electricity, engineering, communications, physics, or
in a similar field that provides technical knowledge and background
that could be applied in the development, testing, evaluation,
design, standardization, research on, maintenance of, or
installation of broadcast systems, audio and video production
- Possesses specialized and progressively responsible experience
as a technician, operator, or instructor which shows progression in
theoretical and practical knowledge of audio and video theory to
include audio pickup, amplification, distribution, equalization,
public address, teleprompter and lighting systems.
- Experience shall have included proper utilization,
interconnection, and operation of audio and video recording, video
editing, video character generation, and video teleprompter
components and systems.
- Experience shall have also included use of schematic diagrams,
a variety of test equipment, and application of appropriate
electronic formulas involved in such duties as testing,
troubleshooting, repairing, constructing, developing instruction on
electronic and audio equipment.
- Shall possess knowledge of techniques and standards employed by
civilian broadcast and professional audiovisual organizations,
including equipment that meets the stringent commercial broadcast
- Shall possess knowledge of the most current equipment available
to maintain day-to-day operation of a professional audio and video
- Shall have a proven skill in planning, installing, operating
and troubleshooting recording and reproducing systems to obtain
commercial/broadcast quality audio and video.
- Shall have a proven skill in coordinating diverse and
fast-changing requirements and tasking.
- Shall be able to edit television and radio actualities and
events without compromising substance or context of the original
- Shall be prompt, courteous, and maintain a good work ethic
conducive to the professional environment.
- Maintain proper alignment of commercial service satellite
dishes to ensure optimum signal level for primary feed distributed
on cable television system.
- Maintain trouble ticket logs to track equipment with repeated
issues for repair or replacement.
- Maintain and install latest firmware updates to fix bugs found
- Coordinate with technical support from multiple vendors to
correct issues with defective or malfunctioning equipment to keep
down time to minimum.
- Track and update drawings and documentation of all equipment,
circuits and systems installed in the facility and throughout the
- Provide maintenance support for all broadcast audiovisual
equipment used in live event productions.
- Produce wiring diagrams and other schematics in Autocad or
- Provide broadcast camera maintenance (e.g. broadcast camera
programming and alignment; camera kit configuration and
- Conduct daily maintenance inspections of IP based controlled
components, multiple LANs, hardware and software in the broadcast
- Provide quarterly maintenance of all conference rooms
throughout the complex.
- Must be eligible for a TS/SCI clearance
Hiring for Junior, Mid-Level, Senior, and Supervisor
Available Shifts: All
Shifts are available weekdays covering 7am-5pm, Monday through
Weekend and holiday hours are subject to the client schedule,
with opportunities for overtime.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Washington DC , Broadcast Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!