Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world
in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech
International Corporation, you will help protect our national
security while working on innovative projects that offer
opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer
oriented Safety Officer to join our team in the Northern, VA area
to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an
exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe and healthful jobsite while meeting or
exceeding standard safety policies
- Ensure subcontractors and site visitors follow the safety rules
and regulations (to include OSHA standards)
- Clearly communicate safety rules and regulations
- Consistently enforce all rules and regulations
- Promote a positive atmosphere for the Safety Program
- Clearly communicate safe methods and procedures to accomplish
- Encourage workers to help each other work safely
- Understand documentation requirements and procedures
- Define responsibilities and expectations of personnel
- Manage paperwork for easy completion & filing
- Meet the following certifications and continuing education
- Maintaining OSHA 30 hour and current CPR and First Aid
- Complete at least 8 Hours of Safety Continuing Education
Personal Attributes Needed:
- Accuracy & attention to detail must be a natural talent.
- Communicates effectively with different personality
- Thinks ahead and plans for the future.
- Demonstrates supportive behavior and alignment with
- Uses position and power appropriately to accomplish
- Demonstrates a point of view that anticipates positive
- Must possess a TS/SCI w/Polygraph
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to
sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please
contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000.
ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer -
minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to
apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job
placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our
equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not
accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees
for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx
as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please
click email@example.com and provide your name and contact