GAO/OIG Program Analyst
Posted on: June 12, 2021
ANSER enhances national and homeland security by strengthening
public institutions. We provide thought leadership for complex
issues through independent analysis and we deliver practical,
useful solutions. ANSER values collaboration, integrity, and
initiative and we are client focused in all that we do. Because we
were established for the purpose of public service and not for
profit, we measure our success in the impact of our service.
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION
This position provides legislative analysis to OUSD(A&S)
including legislative research and analysis on A&S programs,
with focus on monitoring legislative impacts to OSD acquisition
policy, operations, or Defense Acquisition programs. Specific tasks
- Monitoring the status of the National Defense Authorization Act
and the National Defense Appropriation Act during the House and
Senate Committee and Conference processes.
- Providing bi-weekly updates to OUSD(A&S) of upcoming
initiatives or legislation by synthesizing information from a
variety of sources and increasing senior-level OUSD(A&S)
- Coordinating and assigning Reports to Congress for coordination
within OUSD(A&S) and provide suspense dates for
- Coordinating and collating questions for the record (QFR) and
inserts for the record (IFR) for OUSD(A&S) hearings;
- Reviewing and ensuring consistency of QFR/IFR responses
submitted by the OUSD(A&S) Staff for accuracy and consistency
with the OUSD(A&S) Senior Leader testimony;
- Establishing work priorities, ensuring suspense dates are met,
providing advice and guidance on the conduct of projects, and
verifying final products are complete and correct;
- Reviewing documents according to quality control procedures and
manage content to an internal website.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced degree in a discipline relevant to the position; or
bachelors degree plus at least 2 years relevant professional
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working on the Hill or in congressional relations
- Strong writing skills are required.
- Familiarity with OUSD(A&S) staff and structure
- Familiarity with DoD organizational structure in general and
Office of the Secretary of Defense in particular as evidenced by
regular interaction with components across DoD.
- Ability to present information in the form of written and
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel, and
- Ability to work independently and in small teams in a high
operational tempo under strict time constraints.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a position with ANSER, please
call 703-416-2000 or e-mail
Keywords: ANSER, Washington DC , GAO/OIG Program Analyst, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!