Senior Structural Engineer - Transit/Building Design
Company: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin
Posted on: June 12, 2021
VHB is growing! We are seeking an experienced Senior Structural
Engineer to join our Structures group and our growing Building
WE ARE VHB-a passionate team of engineers, scientists, planners,
and designers tackling exciting challenges in the transportation,
real estate, institutional, applied technology, and energy
industries-serving a range of public- and private-sector clients.
At VHB, we are dedicated to improving mobility, enhancing
communities, and balancing development and infrastructure needs
with environmental stewardship.
- We are creative problem-solvers
- We work hard, and we give back
- We like our colleagues, and we love Mondays (really)
- We are diverse, caring, welcoming, and fun!
VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work
for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We're growing, and we
hope you'll join us!
About the Position
Senior Structural Engineer | Washington, DC
In this position, you would serve an important lead role in the
planning, analysis, design, and detailing of new building
structures and existing building renovation, with a current focus
on transportation-related buildings such as rail and transit
stations, parking facilities, and highway and railroad overbuilds.
The ideal candidate should possess a "can-do" attitude, excellent
verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work
independently as well as with a team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and
fun environment. The position includes significant opportunities
for personal and professional development and growth within VHB's
emerging building design practice.
- Project scoping and development
- Preliminary and final structural design
- Supervising and mentoring younger staff
- Technical oversight and review
- Monitoring of project budgets and schedules
- Some project management and business development efforts
Skills & Abilities
- Must possess strong technical skills with knowledge of various
building structural systems
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Proactive and self-motived, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to lead and collaborate with a team of staff working
- Enthusiasm to learn, seek out opportunities, and take
- Motivated to mentor junior staff
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, MSCE preferred
- 10-15 years of progressively responsible professional
experience in the structural analysis and design of buildings and
- Licensed professional engineer required, Structural PE a strong
- Proficient in the use of structural engineering and BIM
software such as STAAD.pro, RAM Steel, Tekla, LARSA, MathCAD,
Revit, and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated success in completing structural designs and
developing contract plans in conformance with accepted engineering
standards and procedures for public and private clients
- Past business development success and industry relationships a
- Experience with renovations and new construction
Please submit applications online.
New employees will be onboarded virtually and begin their
employment from home. We are in the process of planning for a safe
return to the workplace in alignment with government and CDC
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Vanasse Hangen Brustlin, Washington DC , Senior Structural Engineer - Transit/Building Design, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!