Posted on: June 12, 2021
Dewberry is currently seeking a Web/Geospatial Developer for our
Fairfax, VA office.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm
with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At
Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the
highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an
experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance
to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative
and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our
commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from
other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that
have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a
Technical responsibilities include:
- Work independently and as a member of a multi-functional,
dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
- Develop solutions to complex problems in creative and effective
ways by analyzing existing programs and new systems.
- Devise logic and coding for complex issues where analysis of
situation or data require in-depth evaluation of variable
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify
requirements and solutions.
- Write well-designed, testable code in a fast-paced
- Produce specifications and determine operational
- Maintain software functionality, troubleshoot, debug and
upgrade existing systems.
- Comply with project plans and industry standards.
- Execute the full software development life cycle, ensuring that
software is continuously updated with the latest features.
- A background in Earth Sciences applications (B.S./M.S. or
relevant professional experience)
- Experience developing microservices, containers, and container
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Go,
Rust, C/C++, Scala
- Experience with DevOps/CICD (GitHub actions, Jenkins,
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, serverless)
- Experience/familiarity with geospatial programming (GDAL,
- Experience/familiarity with web map software/protocols
(GeoServer, MapServer, WMS, WCS, etc.)
- Experience/familiarity with distributed computing (Spark, EMR,
- Experience/familiarity with Agile software development
- Experience with reading, digesting, and writing scientific
Required Skills & Required Experience
- A background in Computational or Data Science (B.S. in
quantitative field or a minimum of 3 years relevant
framework (React, Angular, Vue, Redux, etc.)
- Strong understanding of backend architecture with proficiency
in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience using Git version control, Bash scripting, and
- Experience integrating and developing APIs for custom
- Experience with and enthusiasm for open-source software
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and
ability to pass a driving record background check.
- At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for
- Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual
- All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be
required to submit to a background screening which may include, but
is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other
credential verification, driving record check, criminal background
check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will
be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be
conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and
Keywords: Dewberry, Washington DC , WEB/Geospatial Developer, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!