Company: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Barbacks are responsible for keeping the bar stocked and clean
while assisting bartenders in providing the necessary support to
ensure prompt and friendly service to our guests.
- Maintaining a clean and organized bar.
- Maintaining proper product pars - through bar pulls &
- Stocking liquor, beer, ice, wine and glassware throughout the
- Properly labeling, dating, covering and refrigerating prepped
items in the bar
- Performing opening, closing & side duties - setting up/breaking
down the bar, cleaning glass/countertops, sweeping the floor,
- Rotating product to maintain freshness.
- Putting away liquor/beer orders if applicable.
- Preparing fruit and making scratch recipes if applicable.
- Working with a sense of urgency.
- Approaches guests and welcomes them upon arrival.
- Assisting in communicating with guests, hosts, servers and
- Ensures ongoing guest satisfaction by assisting with food
delivery, pre-bussing as necessary, removing clutter and reacting
to guest needs in a timely manner.
- Respond to guest inquires in a courteous and polite
- Creating memorable experiences for guests.
- Entertaining guests to create "Raving Fans. "
- Promptly and professionally handles guest issues and
communicates problems and concerns to management.
This job description reflects the position's essential
functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Practicing all general safety standards.
- Performing duties which require bending & reaching.
- Maintaining a well groomed appearance ("having a plan").
- Remaining calm in a hectic, fact paces atmosphere.
- Demonstrating a high level of organization, attention-to-detail
- Displaying a positive and outwardly friendly attitude toward
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes
during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended
periods of time
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive
sound by ear
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work
with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects
(lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of
- Must be 19 years old to be employed.
- In some U.S states, a legal minimum age is required to serve
food & alcohol (i.e., Nevada is 21 years old) - check with the
person interviewing you to ensure you meet those requirements.
- Follow all food safety & sanitation procedures.
- In some U.S states, a food safety certification program is
requires to be completed before being able to serve food or
alcohol, which may include a food handlers card.
- Following all uniform guidelines.
- Practicing all safety & sanitation standards.
- Recycling products, where possible.
- Maintaining HRC's 5 core Values and Mission Statement.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We
live our motto LOVE ALL - SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an
inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock
welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the
policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when
requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability,
unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy
regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all
aspects of employment, including the application process. If
reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our
Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
current job, management reserves the right to revise the current
job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when
circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
Keywords: Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos, Washington DC , barback, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!