Graphics User Interface Designer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
ValidaTek, Inc. is an award-winning Small Business that provides
high-security mission-critical IT services to the Federal
Government. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has
resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that
includes several U.S. Federal Departments. The corporate
infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as
evidenced by our DCAA Approved accounting system, ISO 9001:2015,
ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certifications, and CMMI Level
5 for Services (CMMI-SVC Level 5) and CMMI Level 5 for Development
(CMMI-DEV Level 5) appraisals. We pride ourselves in being the best
and only attracting and retaining the best talent to fuel our rapid
growth. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that
provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We
provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational
assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is
valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our
customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the
overall success of the company.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user
requirements, representing the user to the product team, generating
ideas to solve user pain points, building prototypes from ideas,
and designing graphical UI elements for web applications. Ensure
all user interface elements follow best practices and are optimized
for improved usability, usefulness, and exceptional visual design.
Creates and reviews storyboards with users. Has experience with
design software and wireframe tools. Conducts studies, testing, and
evaluation of screen prototypes for functionality, ease of use,
efficiency, and accuracy.
- Work with PMs to transform prototypes into user stories.
- Having portfolio of professional design projects that includes
work with web applications is preferred.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes,
visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps,
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX
research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze
and predict user behavior
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum 5 years experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar
- Portfolio of design projects for web platforms
- Experience leveraging story boarding to work through UI/UX
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe
Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop)
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to build
- Ability to find creative solutions to meet stakeholder
- Ability to present prototypes and ideas to customers and
receive constructive feedback
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clearable to the Secret level
- Familiarity with User/Human Centered Design approaches is
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and processes (e.g.
- Section 508 experience is desired
- Familiarity with collaboration tools (e.g. Confluence, Jira,
Slack, MS Teams)
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred
- DoD software development experience is a plus
Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to
verify authorization to work in the United States.
ValidaTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: ValidaTek, Washington DC , Graphics User Interface Designer, Other , Mclean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!