Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership
about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized
by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will
join passionate professionals who advance their scientific,
technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to
I. JOB SUMMARY
Provide installation, configuration and ongoing usability of
laptops, peripheral equipment, and software complying with given
standards and guidelines for Executive team, Board of Directors,
and executive Administrative Assistants. Provided secondary support
for local site. Update and maintain computer inventory and surplus
equipment. Maintain and resolve issues on LAN/WAN, VoIP telephony,
video systems, mobile devices, and other computing equipment.
Engage with other IT resources to resolve technical problems with
end user computing equipment and software. Train and guide staff
regarding hardware and software usage. Coordinate the ordering,
purchasing, and delivery of computer equipment, mobile devices and
service, and licenses and software. Participate in important
technological department projects and perform problem diagnosis of
network and desktop environment under IT leadership direction.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide dedicated support to executive team, executive
administrative assistants, members of the Board of Directors.
- Manage tickets and work complete request and resolve issues in
a timely manner within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Ensure proper escalation occurs for unresolved issues to ensure
the end user remains satisfied.
- Influence and collaborate with other technical teams in the
pursuit of resolving complex technical issues.
- Deliver creative IT solutions to address a wide array of issues
- Provide Audio/Video conference support for presentations,
events, and meetings.
- Support communication methods using mobile technologies with a
strong focus on global capabilities that will enhance executive
productivity. These technologies include but are not limited to;
internet, audio, video, recording, and mobile-based conferencing
- Act as a technical leader and escalation point for other team
members in the Office 365 space.
- Install, configure and upgrade operating systems and software,
using standard business and administrative packages.
- Collaborate with all team members and staff to ensure effective
problem resolution, attend meetings as required, stay current on
technological advances, and perform other duties of a similar
nature or level.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work
performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of
all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job
at any time which reflects management's assignment of essential
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a similar technical
discipline or comparable experience
- 8+ years of experience working in a corporate IT technology
- 5+ years of IT hands on customer support
- 2+ years of experience ordering computer equipment, mobile
devices, and software.
- Experience with Microsoft services, Active Directory, Office
365, mobile devices
- Experience with client-side troubleshooting of network (i.e.
DNS, DHCP, and certificate-based authentication)
- Experience utilizing ticketing system to track, manage, and
resolve customer issues.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows OS with knowledge and ability to
troubleshoot and correct desktop software problems
- Extensive knowledge of MS Outlook in an Exchange
- Extensive knowledge of Office 365
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair PC computer hardware and
- Understanding of network infrastructure equipment, switches,
- Phone systems experience desired.
- Video Conferencing systems experience desired.
- Experience managing equipment and peripheral inventories.
- Understanding of TCPIP networking and the ability to
troubleshoot connectivity problems
- Knowledge of Windows Server print queues and how to
troubleshoot print queue issues
- Experience with basic Active Directory user administration
- Experience with network file and folder security provisioning
using Active Directory groups
There are physical/mental demands and work environment
characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. This information is
available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex
or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical
conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including
transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental
disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information
or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for
activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent
BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or
candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on
Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or
candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by
search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions'
approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent
BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent
BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the
Protecting and Enhancing 1 billion lives by 2030 focuses our
energy to improve the quality of life for individuals around the
world, giving them the opportunity to experience the fullness of
Our drive towards this vision informs all of our actions-whether
it is our approach to product development, manufacturing,
encouraging employee health and wellness or giving back to the
community-we strive every day to achieve this shared goal.
WE BELIEVE IN OUR VALUES
- Stand shoulder to shoulder no matter what
We combine our best thinking and communicate openly to support
- Break through thinking
We take smart risks, pursue innovation and challenge ourselves
to constantly improve.
- Own it always
Every person at Emergent is engaged and accountable for
delivering on our commitments.
- Compete where it counts
- We set the right goals and respect each other as we conquer