Company: Columbia Country Club
Location: Chevy Chase
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Banquet Server reports to and is under the direction of both
the Banquet Director and Food and Beverage Director. The person in
this position will be responsible for proper set-up, service, and
breakdown at assigned events or as asked by the Banquet Manager.
They provide great hospitality throughout events to include
greeting members with a smile, working efficiently and assuring
that the tasks that they are assigned are executed to the best of
his / her ability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with the club's policies and procedures as established
in the employee handbook.
- Performs related banquet set-up tasks.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating
- Take beverage orders and serves food when necessary.
- Pours and refills wine, coffee, water, and other beverages
served with and after the meal.
- Clears soiled dishes as needed.
- Cleans all assigned work areas in kitchen and banquet
- Advises the banquet manager or management of any member or
guest complaints or special request as soon as they occur.
- Assists in closing functions by performing various tasks such
as removing linen, busing glasses, dishes, silverware, etc. and
re-setting the room for the next function when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings including pre-service sessions.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and
procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently
- If in question, goes to the banquet manager or management to
review and handle the situation.
- Thank members and guests as they leave the club.
- Consistently follows all sanitation-related requirements,
including those related to personal hygiene.
- Do their best to greet by name all members and their guests,
always by smiling and making eye contact.
- Possesses a professional behavior and appearance at all
- Held responsible for working all major club events to include
Mother's Day, Easter, Club Fireworks Event, Thanksgiving, and
- Completes other appropriate work assignments as requested by
the Banquet Manager or the Assistant Manager.
Position Qualifications and Functional Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Furthermore, he/she
should possess the following personal and professional
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have good communication skills including understanding and
- Able to meet the physical demands and responsibilities of the
position. He/she will, while regularly performing the essential
functions of the job, be standing, sitting and lifting/moving items
or objects over 20 pounds and sometimes lift/move items up to 35
Job Category Permanent, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The above job description is meant to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or
significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other
This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this
position. Employees will be required to follow any other
job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties
requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the
employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each
duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will"
Keywords: Columbia Country Club, Washington DC , Banquet Server, Other , Chevy Chase, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!