Company: MHM Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Centurion is proud to be a leading provider of comprehensive
healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals,
and community mental health centers nationwide.
We have an opportunity for a Junior Staff Accountant, Billing to
join our Corporate team located in Tysons Corner/Vienna, Virginia,
one block from the Spring Hill Metro.
This person will work from the office up to two days per week
until the office opens full-time.
The Staff Accountant, Billing will work independently and as
part of a team preparing client billings and support documentation,
identifying and researching variances, performing account
reconciliations, and assisting with monthly closings. This position
reports to the Senior Manager, Accounting.
Additional duties include:
- Prepare invoices and support documentation in accordance with
- Identify and track billing and general ledger variances.
- Research and resolve client requests for additional
information; communicate internally and externally with
stakeholders in order to ensure adequate documentation is
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts, prepare and file
journal entries as needed, and complete internal payment
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease
turnaround times, and streamline work processes.
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and
- Coordinate special projects as assigned, which may include
preparing monthly reports and researching variances.
- Other duties as assigned, which may include calculating rebates
and penalties due in accordance with contractual requirements.
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for
our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Much more...
Centurion Health contracts with state and local governments
nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to
correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community
settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate
team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us
one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you
are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional
growth, our opportunities can offer both.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- One (1) to three (3) years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand contracts
- Strong attention to detail and excellent quantitative,
analytical, and organizational skills
- Must have general math skills, reporting skills and excellent
- Ability to work independently, deadline-oriented, and manage
multiple projects simultaneously
- Understanding of debits and credits.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite, including
advanced skills in MS Excel; understanding of databases
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. ("Centurion") is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: MHM Services, Inc., Washington DC , Staff Accountant, Other , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!