Junior Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps
Company: Headfirst Camps
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Our programs range from Multi-Sport to STEM with everything in
between, and our Junior Counselors are team players who are willing
to work in any program as needed. While there may be opportunities
to specialize in a particular camp program throughout the summer,
our Junior Counselors are characterized by their dedication,
flexibility and willingness to work with campers of all ages and
interests. Reporting to the Assistant Director, People &
Operations, Junior Counselors are enthusiastic, driven individuals
who understand the importance of bringing camp magic to life.
What You'll Do:
- Bring the Magic of Camp to Life. Our curriculum is designed to
engage all aspects of the mind, and you contribute to all camp
programs with equal levels of enthusiasm and care. By working with
campers of all ages, you develop your skills as an educator and
leader, learning how to work with a wide variety of personalities
and skill levels.
- Care for Campers. By working directly with campers throughout
the summer, you are responsible for allowing campers to develop
their learning through hands-on exploration. With the guidance of
the program management team and specialists, you bring the bring
the best out of every camper throughout the summer.
- Contribute to the Community. As a counselor with Headfirst
Summer Camps, you are part of something larger than yourself, and
thrive as part of a team. You know how your actions can directly
impact everyone around you and are constantly looking for ways to
build up your fellow counselors.
- Take on the Challenge of the Day. You are responsible for your
group throughout the day and will work closely with a program
specific counselor to develop your skills in behavior management
and instruction, all while holding the emotional and physical
safety of your campers as your first priority.
- Handle the Curveballs. No two days are the same at Headfirst,
and every member of our team will see unanticipated challenges come
their way. You may be asked to help problem-solve, lend a hand with
inter-departmental projects, and take on other responsibilities as
- You have completed at least two (2) years of high school or
have equivalent educational experience and are at least 16 years of
age or older as of June 1st, 2020.
- You are mission-driven. Here at Headfirst, we're inspired to
make a difference in the lives of children and young adults
everywhere, and we want you to be too.
- You are curious, flexible and ever-learning. You constantly
seek out new ways to improve the Headfirst camper experience and
your own contributions to it through continued refinement of your
knowledge, skills & abilities.
- You are a self-starter. By approaching daily hurdles head on,
you face every day with a natural sense of urgency and a sincere
emphasis on team over self.
- You are a coachable and motivated teammate. You are a
down-to-earth individual who has the desire and capacity to grow
through experience, challenging yourself to go above and beyond the
call of duty.
What You'll Gain:
- Adaptive Thinking. Thinking on the fly? You'll get that at
Headfirst - whether it's adapting a project or knowing when to use
a name-game, you'll be best in class when it comes to thinking on
- Group Management. Here, you're more than just a counselor. You
will be the role model, superhero and leader for your group of
campers by fostering an environment of growth and compassion.
- Exposure to a Professional Environment. So, we're a little
picky. We expect a lot of our team but give you as much in return
through consistent feedback, fair expectations and values-based
- A Team like Family. There's something about camp that brings
people together. Here you'll get to meet new friends, while forging
stronger bonds with people you know.
The Headfirst Companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Headfirst Camps, Washington DC , Junior Counselor, Headfirst Summer Camps, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!