Manager Social Work
Company: Catholic Charities of the Archidiocese of Washingt
Posted on: June 12, 2021
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry
outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in
strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers
and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in
which every person is cherished, regardless of individual
limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order
to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the
We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and
values. Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Social Work seeks to improve the
well-being of our clients by providing direct clinical and case
management services including the coordination of community
resources. This position is designated as "essential" based on
workplace responsibilities. Essential positions are required to
report to work during inclement weather and report to work during
emergencies as directed. Licensed Social Worker will supervise the
clinical operations of the assigned area. Ensuring operations and
practice at each program are in accordance with best practice
standards of the profession, contract/grant requirements and agency
practices and procedures. In carrying out the mission of Catholic
Charities and their department, the Manager of Social Work will be
accountable for input on the program operations, program
development, staff training, performance management and personnel
activities. The Manager of Social Work will also be responsible for
providing timely, accurate and complete reports on all aspects of
their assigned programs required by the Program Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrative supervision of social work and other case
management staff is the primary responsibility of others in
management. However, joint coaching and other disciplinary actions
may be shared with this position as needed.
- Helps to ensure compliance with contracts, agency policies and
procedures, accreditation requirements, ethics, best practices and
quality standards within the field.
- Creates and maintains case records, including, but not limited
to legal documentation, psychosocial, case notes, case plans,
service updates, court reports, medical reports, UIRs, referrals,
discharge summaries, visitation records and educational
- Provides case management oversight, case consultation, and
crisis intervention to all direct service staff, interns and
- Collaborates with and provides necessary referrals to other
disciplines including legal, medical, dental, recreational,
educational, vocational, substance abuse and mental health
professionals, and other housing or service providers.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Social Work required.
- For D.C. LICSW Social Work licensure required. For Maryland
Clinical Social Work licensure (LCSW-C) required. Certificate to
clinically supervise Social Workers required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible 1-on-1 social
work caseload experience in clinical and administrative tasks
- Minimum of two- year experience working with individuals who
are homeless or mental health or substance abuse issues
- A minimum of two-year experience supervising a case management
team and/or interns.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral.
- Ability to respond to and work effectively with
- Ability to supervise and train employees and foster a
cooperative work environment.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
Keywords: Catholic Charities of the Archidiocese of Washingt, Washington DC , Manager Social Work, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!