Journeyman Scrum Master
Company: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is CONTINGENT upon contract award. Our recruiting
team will follow up with you on your application. Our hiring team
will not start the interview evaluation process until award.
Skills & Tasks
- Able to follow established processes & checklists
- Understands & applies basic concepts, ability to use more
- Resolves impediments and maintains control over the scrum
- Responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning,
sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Possesses conflict resolution skills, displays scrum values of
openness, honesty and respect
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to accurately forecast the numbers of deliverables
possible in an iteration based on evidence and reliable sources of
- Ability to perform effective estimation and planning in order
to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software
- Ability to coach Agile practices. Must be able to coach
individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years experience, Associates degree
plus 4 years experience, or a minimum of 6 years of experience, in
a related field
- Over time, able to provide guidance & direction to others
- Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
- General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced
and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of
the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with
other members of the staff as well as individuals across the
Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
- General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers,
Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office
- Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a
40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times
and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be
available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available
to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and
must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity
and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the
organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized
with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline
requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and
pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle
records check. Must be a US citizen.
Keywords: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc., Washington DC , Journeyman Scrum Master, Other , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!