Junior Database Administrator
Company: Mantech International Corporation
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an
Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At
ManTech International Corporation, you'll help protect our national
security while working on innovative projects that offer
opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and
customer-oriented Junior Database Administrator to join our team in
Falls Church, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain databases for high availability
- Backup and re-cover databases
- Monitor and tune databases for performance
- Archive, retain, and purge data from databases
- Inventory and track database licenses
- Support database usage and issues
- Create and maintain SOP for Database Administration
- Install and administer data technology (e.g., storage, backup,
- Inventory and track data technology licenses
- Support data technology usage and issues
- Minimum of 3 year's experience
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery,
and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Security Clearance Requirements:
DOJ Public Trust (High)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access
file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer
- Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab,
including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and
customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able
to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment
- Must be able to lift to shoulder height and move items, like
servers, computers, racks, up to and over 25 pounds with varying
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please
contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000.
ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer -
minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to
apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job
placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our
equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not
accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees
for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx
as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please
click email@example.com and provide your name and contact
Keywords: Mantech International Corporation, Washington DC , Junior Database Administrator, Other , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!