Sr Capture Manager
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Capture Manager to support the business
development and capture activities of our Civil IT portfolio.
This position location is in Rockville, MD, with local and
extended travel expected up to 25% of the time. The position
is focused on identifying, qualifying, and capturing opportunities
within Civil IT programs, continuing to build the Leidos business
pipeline, executing the BD process, maintaining a high win
probability, and growing business within the Civil IT domain.
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities,
including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required,
current customer preferences, competitive environment assessments,
and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and
teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition
strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Performs as the lead for call plan development and execution,
and provide detailed reports on follow up activities after plan
- Lead capture activities, to include strategy workshops,
opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration
sessions, proposal reviews. Shape opportunities to increase
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and
Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and
follow through on tasks.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified
milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity
capture participants to document lessons learned and identify
necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and
12+ years in a Business Development or a Capture
Manager position. (additional education, training or experience may
be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of successful capture management at a
variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated access to key Civil IT government customers and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing
win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture
efforts for civil agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the federal IT
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in
the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Sr Capture Manager, Other , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!