Security Incident Response Consultant
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Security Incident Response Consultant
CGI is one of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across
40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a
CGI Federal Member, you will have the opportunity to be a
shareholder at CGI and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Security incident
Response Consultant on our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This resource
will work as part of an operations team responsible for maintain
the security and operational integrity of a cloud-based shared
service platform supporting multiple federal governmental agencies.
This role provides the opportunity to continuously learn new
technologies, works with multiple federal clients and works with a
cross-functional team of subject matter experts.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Support service requests pertaining to CDM data quality and
agency improved security posture.
• Provide monitoring of tools and process.
• Provide and perform dashboard and tool remediation and
• Coordinate incident response both across internal teams and act
as a liaison with external security organizations.
• Perform initial triage on security events.
• Monitor and analyze security events and alerts from multiple
sources and look for trends.
• Respond to potential threats and vulnerabilities.
• Separate true threats from false positives using network and log
analysis and escalate possible intrusions and attacks.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of
• Independently follow procedures to contain, analyze and eradicate
• Document all activities during an incident and provide leadership
with status updates during the lifecycle of the incident as well as
creating a detailed final report.
• Develop advanced queries and alerts to detect adversary
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security
incidents and other threat indications and warning information to
US government agencies.
• Assist with the development of processes and procedures to
improve incident response times, analysis of incidents and overall
• Mentor team members to improve quality and consistency of
• Assist in the maintenance of technical documentation.
• Assist the agencies in understanding and implementing continuous
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of direct experience in an IT security,
incident response or Security Analyst role.
• Experience with monitoring, analysis and detection actions
provide report, analyze, coordinate, monitor and respond to
computer security incident for the purpose of mitigating any
adverse operational or technical impact.
• Experience in security incident handling and incident management
• Experience with writing clear and concise technical documents,
specifically event analysis and incident handling
documentation/creating formal incident reports.
• Experience with intrusion detection and prevention systems.
• Experience with account management, Windows events and log
• Basic experience with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell,
• Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack and other protocols.
• Knowledge with AWS/Azure/GCP logging capabilities and best
• Excellent communication skills with experience providing incident
briefings to peers, management and clients.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational
levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively
deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or
independently with little supervision or direction, work
autonomously with attention to detail and processes.
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once.
• Familiarity with Federal Trusted Internet Connection (TIC)
policies and configurations.
• Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) tools.
• Knowledge of Security Orchestration, Automation and Response
• CISSP or other security certification.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Washington DC , Security Incident Response Consultant, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!