Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer
CGI is of the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40
countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI
Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI
and join a family of 77,000 members strong.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Integration
Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer on our DHS CDM DEFEND program. This
person will have a strong security focus and extensive experience
to help with DevOps security initiatives and implement best
practices in the areas of infrastructure, network security and
secure coding as well as compliance and policy. The individual in
this role will be part of an agile team and work closely with the
Solution Architect and AWS Architecture team.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Implementing several common Continuous Deployment use cases using
AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment and A/B
• Providing detailed specifications for proposed solutions
including materials, effort and time necessary.
• Responsible for automating platform deployments including DEV,
TEST, STAGING and PROD.
• Providing hands-on support for CI/CD and other automation
initiatives (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Bamboo, Jenkins or similar
• Deploy updates, fixes and patches as needed.
• Assist other Engineers in creating practical demonstrations of
proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of
• Provide Level 2 technical support.
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors.
• Develop scripts/tools to automate duties where possible.
• Contribute to business development activities which may include
responding to RFP/RFA, preparing impact assessments and providing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the contract requirements, US citizenship
and successful passing of CGI background check is required prior to
beginning work. In addition, candidates must have ability to obtain
and maintain a DHS EOD/Public Trust clearance.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on leadership of
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in IT.
• Understanding of provisioning and managing infrastructure as well
as applications in cloud environments, preferably in AWS.
• Experience with scripting in Bash, Python, Groovy or Ruby.
• Experience with open technologies such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven,
DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including
Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Git and
• Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for configuration.
• Work with the task lead to outline the governance and development
principles as well as ensuring the best practices are followed by
the development team.
• Responsible for project technical deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with team, to understand the business domain
and client requirements that drive analysis, architecture/design
and development of quality technical solutions and
• Maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging
technologies, industry trends and standards.
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills in a
• Solid knowledge of the project development and software
development life cycle.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Team player (coaching more junior team members).
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with an
ability to build consensus and manage relationships.
• Superior communication and presentation skills, both verbal and
• Resolve technical issues for Designers and Developers during
project lifecycle and through debugging, research and
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
• Perform unit testing of application code.
• Experience working in an Agile (SAFe) environment.
• Experience with ETL and Data Ingestion/Transformation.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Washington DC , Lead Integration Engineer/Lead DevOps Engineer, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!