Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
CGI is looking for a client-focused Project Manager to oversee the
development and delivery of a next-generation custom solution for
our client. As a project manager, you will manage the transition
into the client's operating environment, collaborate with customer
and other vendor teams to design innovative solutions, work with
CGI's agile delivery team to develop AWS cloud-native solutions,
and oversee the continuous support effort.
Working on client site or from CGI, you will become a trusted
advisor to our client to help them achieve their goals.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage the transition of responsibilities and knowledge from the
legacy service provider to CGI
• Work in a multi-vendor environment to deliver a custom-built
solution in the AWS cloud
• Manage the agile development and delivery of the custom
• Manage the operation and maintenance of the custom solution
• Manage stakeholder expectations and satisfactions
• Lead collaboration sessions with internal and external
• Coordinating with cross discipline team members to make sure that
all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and
• Meet with project team members to identify and resolve issues
• Submit contractual deliverables and provide status updates to
client in a timely manner
• Collaborate with our agency program management leadership team to
continuously evolve and improve our support for client in terms of
innovation, cost-efficiency, and value
• Adhere to customer and CGI's quality standards
• Establish and execute effective project communication plans
• Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are
informed of the impacts on schedule and budget
• Manage project on schedule and on budget
• Participate in business development activities
• Coach, mentor, and orient CGI members and actively support member
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Able to obtain Public Trust clearance
• Experienced in leading and delivering cloud-based modernization
projects of varying size, complexity, and technologies
• Demonstrated technical understanding of cloud native solutions in
a serverless or containerized environment
• Experienced in managing Agile development lifecycle. Familiar
with SCRUM, Kanban, and Scrum of Scrum
• Experience in industry leading agile tools such as Atlassian
Suite and Rally
• Experienced in transitioning support responsibilities
• Has knowledge of Federal IT compliance requirements
• Experienced in managing multiple concurrent agile development
• Experienced in managing both Time and Material/Labor Hour and
Firm-Fixed-Price contracted environment within a federal agency
• Has 7 years of project management experience
• Has an active PMI Project Management Professional (PMP®) or PMI
Program Management Professional (PgMP®) Certification
• Has an active Agile certification such as a Certified
• Has AWS certification is a plus
• Prior Federal experience is a plus
• Prior automated pipeline experience is a plus
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Project Management
- Agile Delivery Management
- Scrum Master
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Washington DC , Project Manager, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!