Retail Beverage Service Merchandiser
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Mosaic Sales Solutions is a full-service marketing agency that
delivers successful brand experiences for various high profile
clients directly to the people who buy them. Ad Age recently
included us in their Best Places to Work in Marketing and Media
list, and we are about to expand our team!
We are currently looking for a Retail Beverage Service
Merchandiser, specialized in the adult beverage category, to join
our innovative, growing company.
The Retail Service Beverage Merchandiser is responsible for
representing Mosaic, our clients, and our customers by effectively
performing project work including, but not limited to, the proper
implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, stock rotation,
building displays, installing POS and completing surveys and
audits. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a
strong attention to detail, and works well in independent
situations. The incumbent must possess excellent organizational
skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build
relationships with business partners to ease the ability to push
incremental and predominant product placement with the direct goal
of increasing sales.
- Read and follow a beverage rack plan-o-gram to effectively
complete rack builds and placement as well as additional project
work as requested by their supervisor.
- Have a working knowledge of merchandising, retail, and adult
- Brand advocacy. Being an expert brand ambassador of all brands
and products of the Client. Being able to sell any product to any
- Perform duties such as maintaining rack integrity &
presentation, installing multiple shelf talkers to promote sales,
rotation of products, displaying merchandise properly according to
rack plan-o-grams or in accordance with retailer guidelines,
placing shelf strips and attaching tags properly, checking date
codes and plan-o-gram integrity, and processing packouts, restocks
and reorders as necessary.
- Take controlled surveys 3 times each year, and report current
trends and market conditions directly to Client Team
- Gain prominent floor space for large mass package floors (10
cases of product), smaller regular floors (1-5 cases of product),
and anything in between. Maintain these displays to MHUSA standard
by filling in case when depleted and installing any new point of
sale (cases cards, rebates, neckers, etc.)
- Routinely stock cold boxes to promote impulse purchases, place
product at eye level, and suggest improved distribution of other
- Assure that retailers determined prices are clearly marked for
all Brands in every part of the store (bottles, cases,
shelf-channels, wall posters)
- Execute trainings for employees of retailers. Keep retailers
informed of any MHUSA initiatives, product and packaging launches,
- Assist in gathering and moving materials, supplies, fixtures
and equipment necessary for the assigned project work; primarily
pertaining to beverage displays.
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and
maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an
effective working relationship; primarily pertaining to beverage
displays and effort to keep beverage rack merchandised and on sales
- Collaborate with store management to implement strategy to
prolong rack presence in store with preferred product
- Effectively and accurately work with web based applications to
indicate work availability, check schedule for work assignments,
accept work assignments, receive work documentation and
information, record work start and completion times, record work
mileage, record work expenses, record work time and attendance, and
complete training activities.
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage
documentation related to assigned project work.
- Perform job safely by demonstrating full awareness of his/her
surroundings. Utilize proper safety techniques and equipment use
when necessary. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe
act or condition to prevent injuries.
- Manage incremental part-time reps as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and follow all Mosaic policies and standard
- Understand and follow all Client policies and standard brand
- Average of 5 years of retail and/or merchandiser experience
with a background in sales/marketing
- Prior sales experience within either the direct sales category
or the marketing landscape
- Retail training experience with comfort of training retail
associates and managers on Client's initiatives and priorities
- Strong demonstration of the following core competencies:
- Quality Commitment-Maintain quality standards that meet and/or
- Detail Oriented- Ensure work accuracy
- Customer Service-Provide a level of service to customer
- Communication Skills-Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be comfortable utilizing Technology (i.e. smartphones and
- Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product,
shelving, or displays of up to 75 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental
conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail
stores) for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, telephone,
paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand
truck, and pallet jack. Must be able to climb and stand on a step
stool or ladder.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision
making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate
effectively with others.
- Must have access to the internet on a daily basis. Must be able
to work effectively in web based applications, email applications,
and word processing applications.
- Must be able to cover requested territory regularly which may
have up to a 2-hour driving radius
- Must have reliable vehicle that is able to hold your daily POS
materials as well as be able to transport larger displays in a box
as needed. Preferred mid-size SUV as minimum.
- This position requires that you drive on behalf of Acosta Sales
& Marketing, and as such, any DUI/DWI conviction in the past 36
months will be an immediate disqualifier for this position.
Keywords: Mosaic, Washington DC , Retail Beverage Service Merchandiser, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!