Kelly/NIH: Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business
partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through
our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly
Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering,
scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work
with the leading medical research center in the world. --We are
seeking an individual to work as a Scientist at the National
Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.--This is a long-term contract
position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
- Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific
initiatives--TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:--
- Develop analytical protein purification methods for antigens
under consideration as vaccine candidates. Purification methods
include affinity chromatography, IEC, and SEC using an AKTA FPLC
- Perform a variety of recombinant protein analytical techniques
including SDS-PAGE, western blotting, ELISA, thermal shift assays,
SEC/LSFPLC and BLI.
- Perform all steps required for recombinant protein expression,
such as high-throughput expression of proteins in mammalian cell
culture, yeast, baculovirus and bacterial cells; expression plasmid
cloning and preparation.
- Perform immunoassays and flow cytometry experiments on animal
and human samples.
- Maintain accurate daily records of experiments and results in
pen in bound laboratory notebooks, making minor modifications or
adaption's to established methods, procedures and/or techniques to
solve problems in the work.
- Calibrate and operate a variety of laboratory instruments used
to perform tests and analyses.
- Interpret, evaluate and discuss the result of each experiment
as part of the planning process.
- Prepare various media, stock supplies and other reagents for
use in the laboratory.
- Responsible for quality control of the laboratory including
upkeep and routine maintenance of equipment.
- Order and maintain laboratory supplies and equipment including
chemicals, biological materials, liquid nitrogen; handle biological
materials, infectious agents, biological wastes, etc.
- Follow existing SOPs lab protocols and assist in implementation
of new procedures.
- Maintain laboratory equipment, maintain lab antigen inventory,
and order lab supplies as needed.
- Perform computer analysis of data and use computer and computer
software to prepare data for publication.
- Maintain crystallography plate supplies using automated liquid
handling robots, perform automated crystallization screening,
analyze crystal screens to identify growth conditions, reporting
results and data storage.--REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. degree in a science related field. Three (3) years of
specialized experience plus a Master's degree is equivalent to a
Ph.D. Five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's
degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.
- Minimum of one (1) year of related experience.
- Background in biology, chemistry, and/or biophysics.
- Relevant laboratory experience in automation and
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Significant experience with AKTA purification systems and
Unicorn software.--PLEASE APPLY ONLINEWhen you apply, please know a
Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and
will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the
requirements of this position; a full job description can be made
available at that time.--Due to the high volume of inquiries, we
regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't
contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent
network.-- All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which
expands your opportunities even further.--As a specialty talent
company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent
and clients.--We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment,
and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent
Promise.-- With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment,
and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to
those in search of a better way to work and live and to help
discover what's next.--It is obvious things are different than they
were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring
the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be
well and stay strong.Why Kelly--?Looking to connect with premier
government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors?
Kelly Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW),
seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering,
technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our
experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and
interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all
levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the
job search work for you.About Kelly--Kelly connects talented people
to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science,
Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial,
and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving
world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of
thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace.
We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we
connect thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting
practice. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected
veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment
Opportunity is The Law.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Washington DC , Kelly/NIH: Scientist - NIH - Bethesda, MD, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!