Communications and Content Coordinator (16944)
Company: American University--
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Communications and Content Coordinator (16944) The
Communications & Content Coordinator is responsible for Key
communications materials, updating and maintaining the Key website
and social media outlets, and creating and maintaining the Key
alumni database. Work with the Assistant Director to advance the
organization's communications strategy, including increasing the
Key brand awareness and supporting the programmatic work of the
office, such as ensuring alignment of communication deliverables
with various current initiatives. She/he is also expected to
coordinate with Key staff to ensure consistent messaging across all
platforms. This position interacts and collaborates with
representatives of SPA, UCM, and other AU departments, as well as
external partners and vendors associated with the communication and
special programs efforts of the Key Programs. Essential Functions
1. Content Creation & Management
- Work with the Assistant Director to develop, produce (including
writing and design), and distribute electronic and print
communication materials including Key news, diversity council,
faculty and coach articles for the Key website, quarterly
newsletter, and impact report.
- Work with Assistant Director to produce and review internal and
external communications products, and develop and maintain the Key
brand through traditional and social media
- Develop a website plan and support Key website communications
by maintaining and updating information sometimes on a weekly
basis. The incumbent will manage website content such as course
schedules, course descriptions, faculty and FAQs, alumni resources,
international programming, and other relevant pages.
- Develop and maintain the Key prospective and current student
and alumni database.
- Manage and creatively use Key's social media channels and the
Key communication monitor in the Spring Valley building. 2. Social
Media and Media Relations
- Implement and evaluate the communications and social media
strategies on multiple online platforms to all Key programs and Key
- Manage and creatively use Key's social media channels to
promote Key's special events programs and initiatives.
- Manage and creatively use communications content to promote Key
programming such as news stories, blogs posts, features, web
content and other electronic communications.
- Attend and promote Key Executive Leadership Programs at
graduate information sessions, professional development fairs and
trade shows, signature speaker series, annual conference, etc.
- Assist with the development and management of website content
such as special event programs alumni resources, international
programming, and other relevant pages. 3. Other Duties Assigned
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Funding for this position is contingent on external funding and
tuition revenue generated from the Key Executive Leadership
Programs. Salary Range
- Commensurate with experience-- Required Education and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, communications, or
- 2-4 years of relevant experience - At least three years of
demonstrated communications and media relations experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in an educational environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - including Microsoft
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite for design purposes
- Experience using electronic and social media to achieve
- Knowledge of current communications and event tools trends
including: Google Chat and Docs, Eventbrite, Mail Chimp, Constant
Contact, and Survey Monkey.
- Experience working with and maintaining databases and
information management systems.
- Experience creating communications and event plans and
executing those plans through a variety of methods and media
outlets. Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take information and transform it into
interesting and useful messages, and disseminate them to the right
audiences through the most effective distribution channels.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting
goals and milestones on a fluid timeline.
- Understanding of branding and the development of an
- Experience working with a range of media outlets and
demonstrated ability to garner earned media.
- Familiarity with online communications platforms and content
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
- Click--here-- to learn about American University's unique
benefit options. Current American University Employees: If you are
a current full-time or part-time staff member at American
University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal .
Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will
take you to our internal career page. American University is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity
and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation,
source of income, veteran status, an individual's genetic
information or any other bases under federal or local laws
(collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university prohibits discrimination and
discriminatory harassment (including sexual harassment and sexual
violence) against any AU community member on the basis of race,
color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual's genetic information, or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases").
Keywords: American University--, Washington DC , Communications and Content Coordinator (16944), Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!