Weapon System Model Based Systems Engineer
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Job Description - Weapon System Model Based Systems Engineer
(24582) Job Description Position Description Are you a systems
thinker with model-based systems engineering (MBSE) experience that
wants to have impact on nationally important defense programs. Do
you enjoy developing and deploying cutting edge capabilities for
digital engineering (DE)? Do you love working with a diverse group
of dedicated technical specialists in a collaborative teaming
environment? If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our
team at APL. We are seeking a systems engineer proficient in MBSE
for the Weapon Systems Engineering Group in the Force Projection
Sector. We provide vital systems engineering and system development
expertise to nationally important strategic deterrence capabilities
for the Navy and Air Force. As a member of our team, you will
provide advanced MBSE expertise in developing system models, model
profiles, architecture frameworks, and systems engineering
processes for several critical strategic weapons systems
development programs. Additionally, you will have the opportunity
to create and contribute to innovative DE capabilities that
accelerate the engineering efforts of APL and our sponsors. We are
passionate about making critical contributions to these critically
important programs, and you will be a key part of our success. With
your help, we will remain at the forefront of weapon systems
engineering for the Force Projection Sector. As a Weapon System
Model-Based Systems Engineer...
- Your primary responsibility will be to provide systems
engineering and MBSE thought leadership and expertise to the
development and evaluation of complex strategic deterrent systems
and supporting infrastructure.
- You will work with an advanced team to develop and implement
system models to support development and integration of new
strategic deterrent systems, as well as modernization and
sustainment of existing systems.
- You will conceptualize, design, and develop new DE capabilities
and processes that will become force multipliers for APL and our
- You will apply your systems engineering expertise on
requirements analysis, concept/technology development, architecture
analysis, risk assessments, and test & evaluation for strategic
- You will deliver formal presentations to sponsors and
supporting contractors, and effectively communicate proposed
concepts/solutions and analysis results.
- You will develop model profiles, tool plug-ins, architecture
frameworks, and model queries in the MBSE tools that capture and
analyze models of the systems being developed throughout their
lifecycle from concept definition through fielding and
- You will help define model-based design review requirements and
update the systems engineering process to utilize advanced MBSE
techniques. Qualifications : You meet our minimum qualifications
for the job if you...
- Have a Bachelor's degree in engineering, mathematics, physics
or related technical field.
- Have experience performing systems engineering in the design,
development and/or evaluation of complex weapon systems.
- Have experience in system modeling using UML/SysML and
associated modeling software.
- Have direct experience applying aspects of MBSE in support of
- Have broad systems engineering experience including early
concept development, requirements analysis, design, test and
evaluation, and risk assessment.
- Have especially strong verbal and written communication skills,
as well as strong critical thinking skills.
- Have shown the ability to interact effectively with and lead
diverse, multidisciplinary teams, including industry and government
- Are willing and able to travel periodically, including short
duration visits to sponsor offices at the Washington Navy Yard and
to supporting contractor sites, as well as occasional travel to
other military bases across the country.
- Hold an active Secret security clearance and are able to get a
Top Secret clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a
government security clearance investigation and must meet the
requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility
requirements include U.S. citizenship. You'll go above and beyond
our minimum requirements if you...
- Have an advanced degree in systems engineering.
- Have experience in systems engineering for strategic deterrence
- Have relevant OMG or other systems engineering
- Have worked with modeling frameworks such as the Department of
Defense Architecture Framework or Unified Architecture
- Have expertise writing custom scripts and/or plug-ins for
MagicDraw modeling software (including its Cameo variants) and/or
DOORS requirements software.
- Have Agile software development experience.
- Have experience integrating models across multiple software
applications to perform detailed analysis by leveraging data from
several engineering domains.
- Has a broad knowledge of digital engineering processes and
- Have experience with DoD acquisition processes, Navy Strategic
Systems programs, and/or Air Force ICBM programs.
- Have knowledge of the Navy Trident II Strategic Weapon System
and/or Air Force ICBM System.
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance. Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL)
brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense,
security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to
solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what
makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant,
welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to
work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring
teammates. At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage
creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous
benefits, including a robust education assistance program,
unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life
balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro
area. Learn more about our career opportunities at
www.jhuapl.edu/careers . Primary Location *United
States-*Maryland-*Laurel - APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color,
religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial
status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Washington DC , Weapon System Model Based Systems Engineer, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!