Big Data System Architect
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job #: R-00046426
Location: Washington, DC
Category: Data Scientist
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: No
Clearance: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Referral Eligibility : Eligible
Group: Intelligence Description Job Description: Leidos is seeking
a Big Data System Architect to join our team of qualified, diverse
individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC at the
DIAC. During COVID, this is a first shift position: 4am-12:30pm
located at Bolling AFB.Primary Responsibilities
- Work with the functional team to design a Common Operating
Picture (COP) for mission data from multiple sources.
- The COP will use ArcGIS. The system will be deployed into the
- May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership
- Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines,
and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor
senior level technicians and managers.
- Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to
- Generally recognized as a leader in the industry in their area
of expertise; sought out by others in the area of expertise for
advice and guidance
- Provide expert support, analysis, research, and advice into
exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the
- Serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams
providing technical direction, interpretation and
- Expertise is in a particular area of Information Technology
(e.g., Cybersecurity, Information Systems Architecture,
Telecommunications Systems Design, Architecture, Implementation,
Information Systems Integration, Software Development
Methodologies, Security Engineering, Communications and Network
- Perform highly specialized and technical tasks associated with
the most current and cutting-edge technologies
- May serve as a technical consultant to a project or a number
projects dealing with area of technical expertise
- Coordinate with contract management and Government personnel to
ensure the problems have been properly defined and the solutions
satisfy customer needsBasic Qualifications
- Must understand the Agile development process.
- Must work with the customer to flush out detailed requirements
and turn them into Epics and User Stories.
- Must understand AWS Cloud technologies and how to architect the
system utilizing these technologies.
- Must work to understand the other systems that exist and how
they need to be interfaced with.
- Must work with the Data Engineers, ArcGIS experts, and Security
engineers to design a robust, secure system.
- High School diploma/GED with 12 years of experience, or
Associates degree with 10 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree
with 8 years of experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of
experience, or PhD with 4 years of experience.
- Training & Certifications: DoD 8570 compliance or information
assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and
services required within the task order.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly is required.Preferred Qualifications
- Security+ is preferred.
- AWS Architect certification is preferred.External Referral
Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top
Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly
Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Data
ScientistPay Range: About LeidosLeidos is a Fortune 500 --
--information technology, engineering, and science solutions and
services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in
the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health
markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for
government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va.,
Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for
the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit
www.Leidos.com . Pay and BenefitsPay and benefits are fundamental
to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages
that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers.
Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and
Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
More details are available here .Securing Your DataLeidos will
never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of
the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate
with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email
address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that
asks for payment-related information or any other personal
information, please report the email to email@example.com
.Commitment to DiversityAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to sex, race,
ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or
mental disability, medical condition, genetic information,
pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic
partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with relevant laws. Description Job
Description:Resource will act as the... Join our Talent Community
to create a profile, enabling a streamlined application process and
to help our recruiters better understand your areas of expertise
and interest. Contact us about product information and pricing,
customer feedback, stockholder services, or just to voice a
Keywords: Leidos, Washington DC , Big Data System Architect, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!