External Affairs Coordinator
Company: Public Affairs Council
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Third Way is seeking an External Affairs Coordinator to provide
support for Third Way's public events, political relationship
tracking, and outreach strategy as part of our External Affairs
team. The Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and
executing high-impact events (virtual until further notice),
planning and staffing public and private convenings that build
relationships with political influencers, keeping the team's
outreach strategy organized and on track, and helping the team
maintain strong communication and coordination with key external
partners. This work will directly advance Third Way's political and
policy objectives in the new Administration and Congress, and help
shape the organization's efforts both in DC and nationally as we
head into the 2022 elections and beyond. As the External Affairs
Coordinator, a typical day might include---
- Planning and executing a constant stream of public events and
briefings to raise the profile of our work and ideas on the Hill,
in the press, and with leaders in the Democratic Party;
- Developing and coordinating off-the-record events and private
convenings with key influencers to facilitate communication and
build relationships, including on sensitive political topics;
- Tracking Third Way's political relationships in Salesforce and
leveraging the database to implement strategies to further the
organization's partnerships and reach among Democratic
- Coordinating day-to-day logistics of the External Affairs
team's outreach including scheduling and putting together
- Working closely with Third Way's senior staff to manage
relationships with key external partners and develop new ones,
create synergy with allies, and ensure that their work is elevated
in our convenings and events; and
- Performing other duties as assigned. **Please note all duties
and events will be completed virtually until Third Way has
established a return-to-work plan, at which point this position
will be located in Washington, D.C. Requirements This might be the
job for you, if you---
- Have a bachelor's degree and/or a minimum of one to two years
of relevant experience in an administrative, coordinator, event
planning, or similar role;
- Are familiar with federal politics and the intricacies of the
- Have a demonstrated ability to plan and execute complex
- Have excellent attention to detail and comfort with
- Have experience with Salesforce and other databases;
- Have knowledge of Zoom and other virtual event platforms;
- Want to contribute towards Third Way's mission;
- Take pride in and ownership of your work;
- Are curious and eager for professional development;
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly;
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and
- Are motivated and driven by your passion for opportunity,
freedom, and security; and
- Want to make a difference and an imprint as Third Way's
newest-- External Affairs Coordinator. In the Third Way Culture, we
are looking for---
- Self-starters : People who see and seize opportunities, take
risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for
- Collaborators : People who work in teams-sharing ideas,
brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared
- Creators : People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren't
afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team
members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at
data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented : People who function with an organizational
commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability
for results, and a focus on impact.
- Respectful : People who embrace the diverse perspectives of
everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and
inclusiveness at all times.
- Participate in Third Way's comprehensive onboarding program.
You'll learn about all aspects of Business Operations, which
includes benefits, IT, finance, and office operations.
- Meet your Third Way Buddy, be introduced to the entire staff,
and start to learn the TW's culture.
- Learn our current processes for payroll, compliance, and labor
tracking, and how you will partner with Finance and the rest of the
Business Operations team on these processes.
- Participate in weekly one-on-ones with your manager to ensure
you fully understand the expectations of the job.
- Attend your departmental weekly meetings. You'll learn about
the key goals of your program, how they're doing, what challenges
they face, and how you will contribute.
- Gain an understanding of each employee's role and their
contribution to the organization.
- Incorporate TW's Style Guide and Production process into your
- Participate in, at least, one of our internal Professional
Development trainings or a Center for Fun activity.
- Learn and experience TW's commitment to diversity, inclusion,
and respect in the workplace.
- Have organized and executed your first national event (virtual
at first, in-person later).
- Take part in high-level meetings with senior staff to plot out
Third Way's political outreach strategy.
- Feel a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff, your
team, and your work.
- Continue to attend weekly departmental meetings with a stronger
understanding of your team's strategic goal.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to your weekly one-on-ones with
- Attend and participate in external functions with other members
of your team.
- Complete your 90 day self-evaluation and performance review
with your manager.
- Partner with your manager to establish your long-term goals for
the remainder of the year. Third Way is an equal opportunity
employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity,
and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or
any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable
Keywords: Public Affairs Council, Washington DC , External Affairs Coordinator, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!