Coordinator, Resource Development
Company: Global Jewish Advocacy
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the
Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and
democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among
Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global
arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats,
government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries.
In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and
Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the
U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish
communities worldwide. The Coordinator will assist two of AJC's
National Senior Development Directors to coordinate the logistical
details of a multi-million dollar fundraising campaign, including
performing administrative duties, processing pledges and tracking
contributions, inputting data, and creating lists for numerous
fundraising events and missions. The candidate must have proficient
computer skills, exceptional organizational skills, and strong
interpersonal skills. The candidate should be a self-starter,
comfortable interfacing with donors both virtually and in-person,
be able to take initiative, be organized, possess excellent
attention to detail and be able to follow through on projects
independently.-- The Coordinator does all this while adhering to
AJC's core values:--Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and
- Use Raiser's Edge to input, manage, and track donor data;
capture and enter donor contact information; develop and upload
lists to Raiser's Edge; resolve data issues such as duplicate
entries, address updates, salutations & other donor preferences;
track cultivators; use the PaperSave function to attach documents
to donors' accounts; and record interactions with donors.
- Master Raiser's Edge database to be able to segment donor lists
for outreach, queries, mailings & reports.
- Interact with institute boards, donors, event honorees and
attendees, and the public.
- Manage mission registration including interacting with mission
participants, institute colleagues, and embassies; coordinate the
production of mission briefing materials and other mission related
tasks, as needed.
- Engage and problem solve directly with donors as part of the
AJC Donor Center team.
- Schedule and organize activities such as meetings and programs
including sending invitations, ordering food, keeping track of
respondents and donations, and follow up.--
- Track the pipeline of restricted gifts and those received.
- Coordinate logistical details related to fundraising events
including processing of pledges, tracking of contributions, and
inputting data to create systems for tracking donations.
- General office duties include answering the phone and taking
messages; setting up virtual and in-person meetings; organize and
prioritize large volumes of information, e-mails, and incoming and
outgoing mail; organize electronic and paper files, as well as
other clerical duties.--
- Other related duties will be assigned.
- On occasion, will have to work overtime for events organized by
the Development Department and to lend assistance to others in the
- Minimum two years office experience
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, telephone
skills, tact and diplomacy
- Dependable with well-developed organizational and time
management skills, especially the ability to work on multiple
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and adept at using
tools such as Zoom and Teams
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standards, including
strict adherence to confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- A team player with the ability to work independently as a
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Ability to attend occasional events, meetings and programs
outside of standard working hours
- Computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint
with the ability to learn; knowledge of Raiser's Edge a plus
- Event planning experience including logistics and
communications a plus AJC's mission is to enhance the well-being of
the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and
democratic values in the United States and around the world.
Keywords: Global Jewish Advocacy, Washington DC , Coordinator, Resource Development, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!