AWS Cloud -Solutions Architect
Company: Harmonia Holdings Group LLC
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC, an award-winning federal
government contractor, has an exciting opportunity for an AWS
Cloud-Solutions Architect to join our team in Washington, DC. The
ideal AWS Cloud - Solutions Architect will be the chief architect
and technical leader.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the
knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and
work experience required; and must be able to perform each
essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in
addition to the below, may be assigned as necessary to meet
Essential Job Functions:
* Establishes information requirements, using analytical methods,
for enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
* Designs architectures that include software, hardware, and
communications solutions to support the total requirements, and
provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and
* Ensures architectures comply with open systems standards as they
apply to the client s environment.
* Evaluates compatibility of information system development efforts
with agency architectures and recommend adjustments, as
* Analytically and systematically evaluates the problems of
workflow, organization, and planning to develop appropriate
* Provides consultation and support on complex tasks and daily
supervision and direction to staff.
* Researches the solution alternates, coordinates the technical
discussions, and socializes the recommendations based on project
* Addresses the problems and troubleshooting in migrating the
workloads or integrating the cloud services.
* Consults with project teams, end-users, and key stakeholders to
identify the application requirements, business risks.
* Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of COTS, open-source
software packages required in the cloud migration, integration, and
automation for SaaS, PaaS, IaaS environments.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in an information
technology or related fields.
* Must be a United States Citizen and able to obtain or currently
possess a U.S. Government clearance at the Public Trust.
* Must have over 15 years of experience in IT with 8+ years of
experience in system architecture.
* Experience in the design and deployment of dynamically scalable
fault-tolerant, reliable, and highly available applications on
* Experience in the selection of appropriate AWS services for
designing and deploying the applications.
* Experience in the migration of complex and multi-tier
applications to Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
* Experience in the implementation of cost-control strategies for
Cloud-based workloads in AWS or Azure.
* Experience in designing and monitoring the enterprise-wide
scalable operations in Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure.
* Experience with provisioning, configuring, managing AWS services
such as VPC/SubNet/Security Group, EC2, ECS, CLI, S3, Route 53,
CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM.
* Knowledge in implementing the Federal IT security standards such
as SOC, NIST, FISMA, FedRAMP
* Experience in Agile practices such as DevOps, DevSecOps,
* Experience in modeling and graphic representations
* Experience with current and emerging technologies across multiple
domains including network, database, endpoint, virtual computing,
cloud computing, RPA, ML, and AI
* Experience with technical designs, frameworks, and
* Experience with information technology and enterprise
architecture best practices
* Experience with project management, specifically managing
multiple, concurrent projects
* Experience enterprise architecture frameworks
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
* AWS Certified Solution Architect Professional is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and
in a collaborative team environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong customer service/client facing skills.
Harmonia has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing
companies in the United States for 10 years and has been named a
Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 company for the last two
years. We are a Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100
company and a Great Place to Work Certified organization! Every bit
of our success is the result of a team of incredibly talented,
dedicated, and hard-working professionals who are the heart and
soul of Harmonia!
At Harmonia, we are pleased to offer competitive compensation and a
dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include
employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options;
gym/wellness reimbursement; 401(k) matching; 501(c)(3) donation
matching; paid holidays; generous paid time off; training
reimbursement; and an Employee Assistance Program.
Harmonia is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal
employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
disability, or genetics. Harmonia does and will take affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans. Reasonable accommodation will
be made to enable an applicant with a disability to successfully
apply for and/or perform the essential duties of the job.
Keywords: Harmonia Holdings Group LLC, Washington DC , AWS Cloud -Solutions Architect, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!