Senior Statistician/Data Scientist
Company: Parsons Corporation
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI
Senior Statistician/Data Scientist
* Clearance: Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
* Location: Springfield, VA
* Years of Experience: 7-10 Years
* Education: Bachelor of Science degree or higher in statistics,
mathematics, image science, remote sensing, earth science, physical
science or related technical or scientific field; or similar course
of study at an accredited school (or substituted education and
Support Corporate Assessments and Program Evaluation (CAPE) at a
national agency's Business Analytics division. The Business
Analytics division is responsible for identifying, acquiring,
transforming and analyzing agency data to assess agency performance
and inform senior leadership decision making. Support data
integration and modeling; ask and develop business questions;
interpret data made available by agency stakeholders and data
owners; and report and present conclusions to leadership.
* Provide statistical and mathematical support to analyze and
interpret a wide range of data to help the understand the value of
geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) to the community and support
strategic resource decisions made by agency leadership.
* Interpret and analyze leadership information needs, and design
and implement data analysis projects to address those needs by
incorporating best practices, appropriate data, and proven
techniques from experience or research methods.
* Conduct business analytics tool Architecture and Engineering
Analysis to ensure integration of existing and future business
analytics tools and compliance with enterprise IT policies,
architecture and resources.
* Document, analyze, and (as needed) enhance data conditioning
processes that translate raw data inputs into decision-quality data
products appropriate to the intended audience.
* Design, develop, test and communicate data analytics products
(including data, applications and visualizations) from documented,
repeatable methods, based in sound data engineering principles and
* Leverage wide-ranging data sources (e.g., web traffic, customer
requests for information, survey data, stated and implied
requirements, production databases, human capital data, etc.) to
develop and communicate understanding of phenomena and trends.
* Provide insights through repeatable, transparent analysis that
will be used to inform The Client's strategy and decisions in
partnership with teams supporting agency decision making processes,
customer and partner interactions, featured content, and future
GEOINT products and services.
* Assist in the construction of data sets and data views for use by
the CAPE Business Analytics Division to utilize and communicate
complex data sets meaningfully and appropriately.
* Assist with implementation of statistical analysis process
improvements and incorporation of statistical research into new
analytical products and methods.
* Generate and maintain reports, schematics, and other
documentation sufficient to maintain CAPE Business Analytics
Division awareness of data ingest, conditioning and visualization
processes as on a regular basis and modify them as required.
* Provide continuous feedback and recommendations to the Business
Analytics Division and CAPE.
* Develop performance metrics to assess business analytics maturity
* Must posses an active Top Secret SCI security clearance
* Minimum 7 years' experience.
* Familiarity with data mining, ability to develop and manipulate,
and maintain databases.
* Demonstrated ability in writing code using Python required, other
coding languages desired.
* Demonstrated participation in and/or directing the activities of
highly skilled technical and analytical teams responsible for
developing solutions to highly complex analytical/intelligence
* Ability to develop mathematical algorithms and applications in
response to complex requirements.
* Ability to provide training as new systems and capabilities move
into operational use.
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a
Keywords: Parsons Corporation, Washington DC , Senior Statistician/Data Scientist, Other , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!