Posted on: October 18, 2020
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative
solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is currently seeking multiple TS/SCI Data Scientists to
fill immediate openings located in Springfield, VA. The selected
candidate should have extensive experience in a relative field such
as quantitative methods, statistics, or analytic methodologies. The
selected candidates may be required to deploy forward up to 10% of
the time into operational areas or other remote sites.
- Responsible to support quantitative and qualitative integrated
assessments of research questions across entire projects to assess
the uncertainties (uncertainty includes work scope gaps, normal
estimating, variability/error, and risk events) associated with
integrated baseline activities and assists in the implementation of
the risk mitigation actions
- Qualitative simulations may be performed to forecast an
accurate and realistic project schedule to anticipate potential
areas of high risk and uncertainty
- Perform advanced risk analysis across all government
requirements, organizational missions, and activities
- Explores data sets and verifies data quality to gain an
understanding of relevant data, then identifies differences in data
distribution that could affect performance when deploying the
machine learning model in an operational environment
- Identify data sets of machine learning tests and use
- Develops and tunes machine learning model's hyper
- Function independently and can present/defend/communicate the
results and ideas to key decision makers
- Proficient with deep learning frameworks, and extensive
experience with programming languages such as Python, R, MS SQL,
MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Tableau, Hadoop, Spark, and basic libraries
(such as scikit-learn and pandas)
- Experience in visualizing and manipulating big data sets,
including leaflet, plotly, D3, and ggplot
- Familiar with Linux / Red Hat platforms, and proficient with
- Demonstrated background in data mining and statistical
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling
- Streaming device metadata understanding: Understand how to log
and capture streaming device metadata
- Modeling familiarity: Ability to understand how to optimize
datasets for use in computational models
- Network & Transport understanding: Should have an awareness of
network architecture and ensuring low-latency database hookups and
- Graph Indexing: Ability to develop logical connections between
disparate data via indexing in an efficient manner, and
building/understanding graph algorithms to maximize value of
- AWS familiarity: Ability to use and manage AWS instances as
well as coding lambda functions (etc) to minimize expenditure while
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active TS/SCI security clearance required
- Willing to undergo polygraph examination
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure
technology solutions to address challenges of national and global
significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers
disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics,
full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and
multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal
Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA
with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity --- We hold ourselves accountable to the highest
standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success --- We strive daily to exceed expectations and
achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus --- We invest in our employees' professional
development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a
culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation --- We know that discovering new and innovative ways to
solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great
Excellence in Execution --- We take pride in flawless execution as
we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral:
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Novetta, Washington DC , Data Scientist, Other , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!