Training Supervisor - Riverdale Park, MD - Day 1 Benefits Package! (Ba
Company: BioLife Plasma Services
Posted on: September 17, 2020
*** Bachelor of Science and e xperience training employees in a
fast paced environment required. Phlebotomy experience a plus! This
is an hourly leadership role.*** About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps
improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus
on our donors, we'll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment. BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE Responsible
for the general supervision of the center area training program. Is
able to perform all technical tasks required within the work areas.
Provides assistance to management to achieve business goals.All
listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and
company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of
day-to-day activities. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Perform duties associated with Training (including but not
limited to): (50%)
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all
personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual
- Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet
customer service expectations.
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training,
re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other
training as needed.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management
team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and
management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and
resolves conflicts proactively.
- Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure
compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is
provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including
company background, health and safety requirements, policies and
procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative
Action practices and is actively involved in employment application
pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff. (20%)
- Effectively manages the production area (donor floor/customer
service) motivates and encourages employees to meet their
performance goals and comply with company quality standards and
proce- dures. (25%)
- Maintain certification and perform required duties (including,
but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
- Medical History (PCT)
- Phlebotomy (SPCT, APCT, LT)
- Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT) DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance,
customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others
and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate rec ords.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification. Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and
customer service concerns. (internal)Interaction
- Consults and coordinates directly with the center management on
training concerns within the plasma center.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Encourages employee involvement in committee meetings.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.Innovation
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent
lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove
wear. EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential:
High School Diploma or equivalent requiredDesired: Associate or
Bachelor's degree preferred. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Notice to
Employment / Recruitment Agents: Employment / Recruitment agents
may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written
authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Takeda's Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate
submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency
through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted
or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place
between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is
submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented
by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed
contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form
part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment OpportunityShire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse
workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not
discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age,
sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy,
gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability,
genetic information, veteran status, military service, application
for military service, or membership in any other category protected
under law.EEO is the Law - EEO is the Law - Supplement - Pay
Transparency Policy - Reasonable AccommodationsShire, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a
position, please call and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information.
Keywords: BioLife Plasma Services, Washington DC , Training Supervisor - Riverdale Park, MD - Day 1 Benefits Package! (Ba, Other , Riverdale, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!