Senior Systems Engineer (SE) - VMWare/Windows
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Business Group Highlights Health The Health group provides
solutions to help government healthcare agencies lower
administrative costs, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the
quality of services for individuals. We also provide analytics that
combine clinical knowledge with big data technology and techniques
to transform petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our
customers. Responsibilities Description: The Sr. Systems Engineer
(SE) - VMWare/Windows provides subject matter expertise for systems
hosted within CLASSIFIED and UNCLASSIFIED networks in Falls Church,
VA, They are responsible for the overall architecture,
administration, and maintenance tasks on VMWare 6.x virtualization
infrastructure. They assist with a variety of tasks including, but
not limited to, managing hosts and virtual machine resource
allocation (CPU, memory, hard disk, network interface), perform
routine maintenance (patches, updates), application functionality
and availability verifications, coordination with customers on
support requirements, upgrades, support for DHHQ datacenter
facility issues, and system hardware issues. Additionally, the SE
works with the Cybersecurity team ensuring that the VMWare solution
is documented, maintained, and ready for risk assessment as part of
a system accreditation process; this involves scanning, patching,
and documenting the production VMWare solution. Responsibilities:
- Manages VMWare 6.x platform servers; plans and executes
platform upgrade activities for VMWare.
- Installs, configures, maintains, administers and integrates
customer systems, third party application servers, and system
software and hardware within the Windows Environment.
- Reviews, analyzes and assesses Vendor's proposed changes,
upgrades and needs.
- Coordinates system hardware and software testing with
development teams to ensure transparent implementation and
- Coordinates and performs firmware upgrades and patch management
to Operating System (OS) and Application software.
- Investigates and proposes solutions for development and
customer needs to improve reliability, continuity, and
maintainability for Windows systems hardware and software.
- Models potential changes within the Systems Architecture and
provides a gap analysis regarding the need for tuning or changes
that will enhance system performance.
- Monitors and ensures that backup data and resilience methods
are scheduled and functioning appropriately.
- Provisions and loads PKI certificates on servers.
- Develop system administration documentation in support of
- Participate in or lead troubleshooting and incident resolution
of complex high severity incidents.
- Accurately log/ticket, track, and resolve incidents using the
Remedy ITSM system.
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional resolution on all
supported incidents and issues.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and customer
- Provide updates to management and project leadership of all
ongoing critical issues.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications Skills:
- Demonstrated technical competency in the following areas: --
VMWare Server Virtualization (6.x) -- Windows Server (2012R2, 2016)
-- Storage Area Networks -- Network communication processes
- Familiar with administration of Active Directory (AD) directory
services, server/user security through group policies objects
(GPO), Windows domain infrastructure (with multiple domains), and
administration of organizational units (OU).
- Experience with patch management using multiple tools
(Ivanti/Shavlik, SCCM, WSUS, etc.).
- Proficient with various security assessment/hardening tools
(STIG, SCAP, checklists, Nessus, etc.).
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited direct
- Project management skills for setting priorities to meet
- Ability to understand and apply knowledge of current industry
standard systems architectures.
- Strong critical thinking skills that facilitate timely
- Other desired experience: CommVault, SolarWinds, Citrix
XenDesktop, MS Exchange, Network Administration. Requirements:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field (High
School Diploma and equivalent technical experience and
certification may be used in lieu of BS Degree).
- 8+ years' experience in a technical IT role; 10+ years with BS
Degree or 8+ Years with MS Degree
- 5+ years' engineering or system administration experience.
- 3+ years' experience supporting VMWare server
- 3+ years' experience with Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 or
- Active DoD SECRET clearance or recently active SECRET security
clearance (within 24 months).
- Have or obtain requisite DoD 8570 certifications (eg Security +
CE, CISSP, etc.) within three months of beginning position. About
Perspecta What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At
Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
next-generation engineering. Our promise is simple: never stop
solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce
of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared,
we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across
the entire sector. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Options Apply for this job onlineApply Share Email this job to a
friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the
following provision PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perspecta, Washington DC , Senior Systems Engineer (SE) - VMWare/Windows, Other , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!