Accounts Payable Associate
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Diligent is the pioneer in modern governance. We empower leaders to
turn governance into a competitive advantage through unparalleled
insight and highly secure, integrated SaaS applications, helping
organizations thrive and endure in today's complex, global
landscape. The largest global network of corporate directors and
executives, Diligent is relied on by more than 16,000 organizations
and 650,000 leaders in over 90 countries. With award-winning
customer service, Diligent serves more than 50% of the Fortune
1000, 70% of the FTSE 100, and 65% of the ASX. Our passionate,
smart, and creative group of more than 1,000 employees support
customers around the globe from offices in New York, London,
Washington, DC, Amsterdam, Sydney, Christchurch, and Charlotte,
As an Accounts Payable (AP) Associate you will be responsible for
many aspects of the accounts payable cycle ranging from invoice
entry, vendor maintenance, recording bank transactions, and
supporting vendor inquiries. We are looking for a self-starter who
has excellent attention to detail and enjoys working in a
challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued
- Manage the AP mailbox.
- Perform invoice data entry into the AP system.
- Set up new vendors and manage vendor changes.
- Maintain accurate bank information.
- Responsible for weekly selection and payment of invoices for
both foreign and domestic entities.
- Ensure all internal/external vendor and invoice inquiries are
- Assist the accounting team in completing the month-end
- Act as a liaison between vendors and internal departments to
facilitate timely payments and ensure an accurate AP aging.
- Generate ideas to enhance current systems and processes, using
prior knowledge to build on current processes.
- Perform ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- 0 -2 years of accounts payable experience.
- A basic understanding of accounting and general ledger
- Prior work and/or knowledge of foreign currency and exchange
- Knowledge of payment processes, including wires, ACH, direct
debit, and check payments preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite or similar ERP preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced
environment of high growth and continual change where job duties,
tasks and requests will evolve.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and see through processes to
find the best and most efficient way to operate.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to take on and complete projects accurately and
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- German language preferred, but not required
- Ability to type and/or manage laptop or personal computer
keyboard for the purpose of internal and external electronic
- Ability to see and hear and communicate verbally
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
instructions or other information
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and
explore alternative solutions
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate to significant
impact on the immediate team and division and
stakeholders/colleagues and be able to monitor that impact
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Diligent offers a competitive compensation and benefits package,
including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match, health
club reimbursement and much more.
We are a drug free workplace, and an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth,
physical disability, mental disability, age, military status,
protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic
partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping
and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including,
but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic
information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Diligent, Washington DC , Accounts Payable Associate, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!