Senior Associate Director, Crisis & Litigation
Company: APCO Worldwide
Posted on: April 19, 2019
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Associate Director to
join our Crisis Management and Litigation Communication (CMLC)
practice, headquartered in Washington, D.C.
* Supports a wide range of fast-moving crisis and litigation
communication projects for high profile, globally recognized
* Serves as APCO client lead managing workstreams and keeping track
of deliverables against deadlines.
* Assists clients with developing communications strategies and
tactical stakeholder communications plans to help manage crises and
mitigate reputation risks for clients.
* Executes client-ready written deliverables tight deadlines.
* Supports the implementation of stakeholder communications plans,
including writing first drafts of stakeholder engagement materials
(e.g., holding statements, fact sheets, and FAQS) and engaging with
* Supports digital strategy and manages all project media
monitoring and social listening; analyzes media coverage and social
media conversation; and judicial/regulatory developments.
* Provides on-site support for a client crisis or during a client
* Acts as a critical liaison between APCO client lead and APCO
junior staff to ensure client expectations and deliverables are
* Collaborates with an APCO team spread across multiple
* Takes ownership of developing and expanding client relationships
and developing new business.
* Maintains deep understanding of industry topics, issues, or news
involving client accounts in order to effectively deliver strong
and creative communication strategies that are relevant to their
needs and business objectives.
* Supports several client projects at the same time.
* Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university in a
* At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in crisis, strategic,
and litigation communication. PR Agency, business consulting, or
law firm experience preferred.
* Familiarity with the legal system and legal documents is
* Exceptional writing and analytical skills and experience in
stakeholder-focused communications and digital strategy.
* Key Traits: Detail oriented, quick learner, ability to work
independently, responsive to a rapidly changing environment, work
well under tight deadlines, manage multiple complex projects and
priorities simultaneously, be a self-starter, take initiative, and
* Solid project management experience.
* Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate
effectively at all levels.
* Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team player.
APCO Worldwide is a global communication consultancy. We help the
most innovative organizations adapt and thrive in this fast-moving,
interconnected and complex world. We do this for all types of
organizations, in all industries and in all situations. We partner
with clients to guide them through a changing, complex global
environment, enabling them to reach their business and societal
goals. We bring our clients' work to life creatively and digitally
through diverse thinking and a campaign mentality that embraces a
variety of integrated tactics to achieve success. Our work impacts
bottom lines; creates and protects jobs; defines issues important
to society; improves workplaces and communities; gains visibility
for and gives voice to those who may not typically be heard; and
much more. Simply put, our work is impactful, meaningful, and
problem-solving or opportunity-creating. APCO is a majority
employee- and women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named "Public Affairs Agency of the Year" Best
Large Agency to Work For and one of the Top Places to Work in PR by
PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and
development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and
Keywords: APCO Worldwide, Washington DC , Senior Associate Director, Crisis & Litigation, Legal , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!