Senior Consultant, Crisis Issues Litigation Washington, United States and 3 Posted on 05/17/202[...]
Company: APCO Worldwide, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
APCO Worldwide, a global public affairs and strategic
communication consulting firm, is seeking a -Consultant or Senior
Consultant -to join our Crisis Issues Litigation practice. This
position can be associated with any of the APCO U.S. offices in a
combination of in person and remote work. -
- Supports a wide range of fast-moving crisis, issues and
litigation communication projects for high profile, globally
- Executes client-ready written deliverables and research under
- Works in partnership with APCO client leads and clients to
develop communications strategies and tactical stakeholder
communications plans to help manage crises and mitigate legal risks
- Supports the development of communications material, including
writing first drafts of messaging, media reports, and stakeholder
engagement plans (e.g., press releases, talking points, fact
sheets, FAQS, and social posts).
- Supports digital strategy and manages all project media
monitoring and social listening; analyzes media coverage and
distills trends in social media conversation. -
- Proactively tracks and flags judicial and regulatory
developments to client teams as needed.
- Provides on-site support for client needs during
- Acts as a critical liaison between APCO client lead and APCO
junior staff to ensure client expectations and deliverables are met
by reviewing materials, providing feedback, and managing strategic
- Oversees workstreams and keeps track of deliverables against
- Collaborates with an APCO team spread across multiple offices
and different practices to support integrated client work (e.g.,
research, digital, public affairs).
- Maintains deep understanding of industry topics, issues, or
news involving client accounts to effectively deliver strong and
creative communication strategies that are relevant to their needs
and business objectives.
- Manages time effectively and efficiently by supporting several
client projects and new business initiatives at a time.
QUALIFICATIONS - - - - -
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in crisis, strategic, and
litigation communication. Agency or consulting, experience
preferred. Earlier career law firm experience can be a
- Interest in learning about crisis and issues management, crisis
communications, and litigation communications is also
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills and experience in
stakeholder-focused communications and digital strategy.
- Familiarity with digital and analytic tools including Quid,
Talkwalker, Meltwater, and Tableau.
- Key Traits: Detail oriented, quick learner, ability to work
independently, responsive to a rapidly changing environment, work
well under tight deadlines, manage multiple complex projects and
priorities simultaneously, be a self-starter, take initiative, and
- Solid project management experience.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate
effectively at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team player.
- Familiarity with the U.S. legal system and legal documents is
- $67,000-$115,000 (depending on geography, expertise,
background, experience, etc.)
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently
owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices
in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East
and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise
to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities,
perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and
governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and
many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work for in North
America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top
Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work
environment, countless training and development opportunities, and
a competitive compensation and benefits package. -
With our commitment to recruit, hire, promote and retain people who
reflect the diverse communities in which we operate, APCO Worldwide
ensures our teams bring the best possible expertise and diverse
perspectives to our clients. We embrace diversity of identity,
experience and thought, starting with our values and extending to
our behaviors, policies and practices. We aim to create a positive
work experience and welcoming environment where everyone feels they
belong and can thrive.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage
applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race,
national origin, citizenship, native language, sex, gender identity
or expression, sexual orientation, marital or parental status,
religion, age, veteran status, neurodivergence, mental or physical
disability, medical history, pregnancy, political belief or
affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: APCO Worldwide, Inc., Washington DC , Senior Consultant, Crisis Issues Litigation Washington, United States and 3 Posted on 05/17/202[...], Legal , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!