Litigation Paralegal - Sr.
Company: Contact Government Services, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCGS is seeking an experienced Litigation
Paralegal to join a fast moving, extremely active in-house legal
team. This position is a key role related to supporting various
aspects of the company's litigation portfolio including eDiscovery
activities, workflow management, and attorney support.Job functions
- Provide litigation and case management support, including
responding to discovery requests; issuing litigation holds;
custodian management and compliance; data preservation, collection,
production, and destruction; and tracking departed custodian
- Manage the company's e-Discovery process and evaluate and
develop related policies and procedures; serve as the point of
contact for eDiscovery-related matters and inquiries; keep
up-to-date with evolving industry eDiscovery and litigation
- Facilitate the preservation, collection, analysis, production
and review of Electronically Stored Information.
- Manage the retention and disposition of litigation-related
- Maintain and update a centralized case management
- Work with in-house and outside counsel to respond to discovery
and other requests.
- Assist with and/or manage responses to subpoenas and various
requests from government agencies or other 3rd parties, e.g.,
Inspector General, grand jury and third party subpoenas; employment
and business records requests; garnishment orders.
- Coordinate the tracking and handling of service of process
- Conduct legal and other researchRequired skills, knowledge, and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and 8+ years
of prior relevant legal experience, including corporate / in-house
- Completion of an ABA-approved paralegal program.
- Experience with complex litigation support.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of e-Discovery
requirements, industry standards and best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote and Teams; advanced
knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Working knowledge of common collaboration tools, such as Share
Point, Slack and Igloo.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new software
applications and tools.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of
litigation and dispute-related matters.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks without extensive
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels
of program and functional staff, senior management and external
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to
professionalism, integrity and collegiality.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workflow
and adjust to workload fluctuations.
- Aptitude and willingness to work with complex requirements and
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions and
meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.THE FOLLOWING
SKILLS ARE PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Familiarity with document review platforms such as Relativity,
Everlaw, or Disco
- Experience working directly with senior staff including lawyers
and company executives
- Virginia Notary Public licenseContact Government Services
strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the
optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We
combine cutting edge technology with world class personnel to
deliver customized solutions that fit specific needs and solve the
most challenging, dynamic problems. Our team emphasizes technical
expertise and an empathy to public service to provide unique top
tier support for our government engagements.SOME BENEFITS OF THIS
POSITION INCLUDE:Health, Dental, & Vision insuranceLife
Insurance401kFlexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and
Commuter)Paid Time Off & Observance of State/Federal HolidaysFor
more information about CGS please visit:
https://www.cgsfederal.comPowered by JazzHR60P3oyU9Cx
Keywords: Contact Government Services, LLC, Washington DC , Litigation Paralegal - Sr., Legal , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!