Cyber Threat Mobile Researcher
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
The Cyber Threat Mobile Researcher supports a cabinet level federal
agency in their cybersecurity mission. The team provides services
that analyze and produce enhanced cyber security and threat
intelligence information to include threats and potential threats
to the customer's information and information systems; provides
timely and relevant technical analysis to assist with mitigating
cyber threats; supports evaluation, implementation, and operations
of tools/technologies used in advanced analysis. The researcher
should be able to:
- Provide expert cybersecurity knowledge of enterprise mobility
systems to business and technology teams and facilitate the
collaborative development of the security of the mobile technology
- Determine the most efficient methodology and path for securing
the mobile infrastructure, to include assessing technical
configurations and security settings for mobile devices
- Understand threats to mobile ecosystems and architect security
solutions in support of mobile environments
- Assess and integrate iOS, Android, and tablet devices into an
integrated mobile threat platform and mobile device management
- Evaluate, recommend, and support operational changes and
modifications to secure the mobile environment
- Deliver written and oral briefings to stakeholders and
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in advanced technical
analysis with increasing responsibilities
- Good working knowledge of cyber threat concepts and
- Familiarity with iOS or Android operating systems
- Knowledge of common digital forensic techniques and
- Experience imaging digital media
- Experience flashing and using custom ROMs
- Experience utilizing commercial imaging tools such as
Cellebrite, Oxygen, or Axiom
- Development/analysis of mobile device applications
- Ability to read and understand assembly code (ARM, x86, x64,
- Previous experience working in cross functional and
interdisciplinary project teams to achieve tactical and strategic
- Proven ability to document and teach team members how to apply
advanced analytic techniques to solve complex problems
- Solid understanding of enterprise IT cybersecurity operational
- Top Secret clearance
- Experience with reverse engineering or application
- Experience in security with a focus on forensics, static code
reverse engineering, and advanced (packet) network analysis. Static
code reverse engineering experience can be substituted by
experience in similar skill in forensics, network analysis, mobile
device forensics related to malicious code, or other similar
- Experience in intelligence or technical analysis with a focus
on cyber threat analysis.
- Experience analyzing emerging technologies for potential attack
vectors and developing mitigation strategies
- Ability to evaluate offensive and intelligence-based threat
actors based on motivation and common TTPs
- Experience with gathering open-source and controlled
intelligence to develop predictive understanding of adversarial
strategies, priorities, and overlapping interests
- Demonstrated expertise in deploying and maintaining open source
network security monitoring and assessment tools
- Secret clearance and eligibility for TS/SCI
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int
Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing
vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused
on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At
Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they
can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest
standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our
daily effortswe strive always to exceed customer expectations and
focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our
commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding
benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems
and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our
success that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve
customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Novetta, Washington DC , Cyber Threat Mobile Researcher, IT / Software / Systems , Arlington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!