Company: Macro Solutions
Posted on: October 13, 2019
We have multiple Java Developer openings in Washington D.C. The
opportunity is contract-to-hire including a lucrative hourly rate
during short-term contract period and an excellent salary and
benefits package once the individual converts. The role does offer
the ability to telecommute a portion of each week. Only US Citizens
will be considered for these roles.
The CM/ECF Software Developer will work as part of an agile
development team to build and support enterprise-class software
applications. The current technology stack includes front-end web
interfaces, web services, server-side business logic batch jobs
such as extract-transform-load (ETL), and database backends. This
position will contribute to an ongoing modernization effort and
will therefore be responsible for researching and developing new
technologies, products, and standards which can be incorporated
into the CM/ECF suite of applications. The current technical
environment includes Informix, Microsoft SQL, .Net, Java/Spring
AngularJS, cloud infrastructure, and mobile and web
The Java Developer will execute the following responsibilities:
- . Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle,
including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing
- Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is
high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a
great customer experience.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including
performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Update and maintain system design documents.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contributing to improvements in the software development
lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven
development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous
integration, continuous delivery, and automated security
- Working closely with solutions architects to ensure system
design follows the industry best practices and standards that
aligned with the Judiciary framework.
- Investing in learning and the software development efficiency
of the entire office through teamwork, personal responsibility,
individual and group training, and process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree plus at least five years (5+) of specialized
experience in software development, automated testing, and
debugging/ support experience in a web-based environment.
- Expert level Java developer experience.
- Significant experience with JSP and Servlets, or with Java
Server Faces (JSF).
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working
with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working
knowledge of JPA).
- Extensive experience developing applications in an agile
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with
strong listening skills.
- Experience with Git or other distributed source control
- Working knowledge and experience in Federal IT security
guidelines and practices and Section 508/ Accessibility.
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as
demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile
- Experience communicating and collaborating with other software
developers, business owners, and management.
Experience in technologies and frameworks such as Perl, Spring
applications and understanding of cloud architecture, automation
and CI/CD, and security minded design and development.
Keywords: Macro Solutions, Washington DC , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!